“My experience has been fantastic”
What should you do if you’re eating a “healthy” diet and working out – but it simply put isn’t working? Robbie has an inspiring story that might be the answer:
First of all let me say thanks so much for your fantastic page and all the help and support you give us low carbers. My experience has been fantastic and it has really changed my life and my approach to eating. I tell people I am not on a diet, I just changed the way I eat.I wanted to share my story with you in case it can help other people.
- What was your life like before? I used to be a runner but after an injury that left me not able to run I put on weight over the past two and was unable to get rid of it with many many diet plans. I was never obese but I was always carrying around 10 kg (22 lbs) too much. I’ve went to the gym for many years and I considered my diet to be healthy, I cook all my meals fresh, avoid fast food, and I could not work out why I was not able to lose any weight. I am 45 and I didn’t want to start heading towards 50 overweight and with the health implications that that involves. I had high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- What happened that changed things? This spring I went to Thailand with my partner and when I seen the photos I was shocked at how large I had become. I looked terrible in all my clothes, nothing fitted and I got too depressed going shopping because I didn’t fit into a decent size. I commented it to a friend who had lost weight on a low-carb diet and he explained to me the effect carbs have on some people and I decided to investigate, finding your page and was inspired to try the challenge.
- What is your life like now? I started in August and now I have lost my target weight (16 kg – 35 lbs) following the plan from the page, and I feel great. I have much more energy, physically I feel much better in my clothes and when I go to the gym. I also feel that the change in my diet has led me to question my approach to life in general, and have gone back to basics on many other aspects. More natural and less fake or processed. The best thing apart from this is that my blood pressure is normal and has been for some time now, 120/60 and my good cholesterol is well over my bad, so all good.
- What was your biggest challenge and how did you approach it? My biggest challenge was eating out. We live in Spain and eat out a lot. I thought it would be a big lifestyle change to not eat out, but I found with some planning that we were able to eat out just as much, just checking first the menu and choosing restaurants where they serve low-carb food or low-carb options on the standard meal options. To be honest in Spain it has not been hard at all, and there are lots of healthy low-carb options in tapas, and in standard main meal options.
- What do you wish you had known when you started? How versatile cauliflower is!!!!
Again thanks for everything!!!
What an amazing story, Robbie – we’re glad to hear that you’ve found a way of eating that fits you!
Do you want to try what Robbie has done? Sign up for our free 2-week keto low-carb challenge!
How to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
More success stories
Share your story
Do you have a success story you want to share? Send your information, plus before and after photos, to email@example.com. It would also be greatly appreciated if you shared what you eat in a typical day, whether you fast etc. More information:Share your story!
Top videos about weight loss
- MEMBERS ONLY
- MEMBERS ONLY