I received an e-mail this week from Gerda who wanted to share the amazing results that she has gotten after starting eating an LCHF diet 2.5 years ago:
I want to thank you for all the great inspiration and a great blog where you can find answers and so forth. You have truly been a source of inspiration and courage. I will soon be a family physician, and have eaten LCHF for two and a half years, initially very strictly, but now I’m more liberal. And it shouldn’t be a secret that it hasn’t been and isn’t easy both personally and professionally to defend that I have changed my lifestyle so drastically and want to continue eating low carb for the rest of my life.
I have to share in my everyday life, and at my job to my colleagues. Which I just started doing, but with some resistance!I just want to get everyone on board on this amazing lifestyle that completely transforms lives from earlier having suffered/are suffering from symptoms and diseases that were regarded as normal, to a life free of all these difficulties. Now I’ve become one of your success stories that I’ve so often read on your blog and I must tell you how it has gone.
This is a looong list over everything I, without exaggeration and with an as objective view as I possibly can have, have LCHF to thank for:
- I lost weight – 10 kg (22 lbs) in 4 months
- Lighter periods
- Less menstrual pain to almost none (I used to be in terrible pain before)
- Increased physical strength and performance
- Better sleep, I wake up well rested after fewer hours of sleep
- I fall asleep faster and I sleep better
- Stronger nails
- No yeast infections anymore (used to suffer from these 2-12 times per year)
- No pain in joints and back like before
- No pain in the back/neck after painting etc
- No pain in shoulders/back after having slept on a bad mattress
- No nausea/dizziness/tendency to throw up/fainting without breakfast like earlier, because of stable blood sugar
- Hunger pangs are gone
- More stable mood
- Reduced thyroid medication
- Less sugar cravings
- Calmer stomach with less gas
- Normal daily bowel movements
- No more stomach pain
- Eye dryness is gone
- No more acid reflux
- Not hypersensitive or intolerant to fatty or spicy foods. I can now eat whatever I want (just like I want)!
- Erythema nordosum/red bumps on my legs (which I’ve had for many years back) are gone
- Bilat tronkaterit which I’ve had for 10 years is gone
- Motion sickness which I’ve suffered from throughout my whole life is gone (returns whenever I eat too many carbs)
- Zits and spots on my arms are gone
- Zits and spots on my face whenever I’m having my period/eating poorly are gone
- No more dry hair or dry skin
- Better skin and shinier hair
- 3 years of chronic eczema on my hands is gone!!!
- Eczema on my scalp/feet is gone
- Nasal congestion is gone
- Asthma is gone!!!
I’ve also been pregnant and breastfed a child during this time and LCHF has reduced my severe nausea, I didn’t suffer from SPD, felt more alert, and of course I gained very little weight (about 15 kg (33 lbs)). The little boy hasn’t had any spots or cried as much as the other two boys did (I suffered terribly from SPD and 3 months of constant nausea during both these pregnancies).
I am currently diagnosed with EDS (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) and hypothyroidism, but I have already reduced my symptoms from these diseases to a large extent.Finally… I am so grateful that I have found this lifestyle that I now live according to. My life has truly changed for the better and I already have three close colleagues/family members who have similar experiences!!
Life is great… and I FINALLY FEEL LIKE I’M ALIVE!!
There is so much more to say but I need to stop here…
Gerda Nilsson, 37 years old (soon a family physician).
What a fantastic story Gerda, thank you for sharing. And it is great to hear that you got your family on board on this lifestyle change.
Are you ready?
More success stories
- MEMBERS ONLY
Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to email@example.com. Let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.