I received an e-mail from police officer Maykel in Florida, who struggled with weight and sugar addiction. Here’s his story about what happened when he found LCHF:
I’d like to thank you for your advice and guidance. My name is Maykel Leyva and I am 34 yrs old. I live in Miami, Florida. I’m a police officer and have always had trouble losing weight and remaining lean.
I was having sugar cravings one night and ran across a youtube video where you were giving a speech. Everything you said and have on your website I followed. I’d like to share with you my progress, thanks to you.
I would have huge sweet cravings, and diabetes is very prevalent in my family as well.
Thank you again!
Comments and training program
Congratulations on your health and weight improvements!
Eating good food is a great start – but it’s not enough for getting into peak physical shape. Maykel sent me his training program in another e-mail:
PS: I workout 5 days a week and run as well. Here’s an example of my workout week:
Monday & Friday – Full Body Circuit/Power Circuit
- Make sure to take 60 to 90 seconds between each circuit set.
- Clean and Press – 10 reps
- Weighted Knee Raise – 10 reps per leg
- Weighted Step-ups – 10 reps per leg
- Pullups, Incline Pushup, Triceps Dips – 10 reps
Tuesday – Chest & Back
- Incline Bench Press – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Pullups, Underhand Grip – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Incline Pushup – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flys – 4 sets of 10 reps
Wednesday – Legs
- Squat – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Straight-Leg Deadlifts – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Hamstring Curl – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Weighted Lunge – 4 sets of 10 reps
Thursday – Shoulders & Arms
- Incline Biceps Curls – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Triceps Dips – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Lateral Raises – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Shoulder Press – 4 sets of 10 reps
These are the supplements I take regularly
- Creatine – for muscular recovery, strength and size
- Glucosamine – for joint health
- Glutamine – to improve the immune system and aid with muscle recovery
- Whey Protein – for muscle tissue repair and growth
Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to email@example.com, and please let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.