News

“It’s Good to Feel Alive Again”

Foods that don't raise your blood sugar

Foods for a normal blood sugar

Is it possible to reverse type 2 diabetes?

I got en email from Nelville, who was about to give up on finding health. Here’s his story about what happened when he found LCHF:

The Email

I just wanted to thank you and you web site for helping me get my life back in order. I have had four knee replacements, was told I was diabetic, had no energy, could not walk for a block without feeling exhausted, had a stent put in my left leg that is four inches long. I also have been diagnosed with peripheral artery disease (pad). Heart is ok. I was ready to give up then I started your diet, why not.

Six or seven weeks have passed. I have lost 17 lbs (7.7 kg), I can walk up and down hills and my energy level has tripled. I can’t believe how good I feel and I want to start doing things again. My diabetic levels dropped 7.0 (126 mg/dl) to 6.1 (110 mg/dl), still high but a lot better than it was. I found your web site by accident, watched all the movies on there. All very informative.

My doctor was very happy with my blood testing and was a proponent of your diet style. I have a few friends who have started your diet and are seeing results already. Endless pills, endless adverts all claiming to help you lose weight, exercising your brains out but still overweight. Like some of the articles have said, we are being poisoned by our food. Now I only have to shop in 10 percent of the supermarket – the other 90 percent is junk.

Andreas, I thank you,

Nelville v Trotter

You are welcome to use my name and success story on you web site. I don’t have any before and after pictures. I will continue to tell other people about your web site and how much it helped me. It’s good to feel alive again.

Comment

Congratulations and good luck on your health journey, Nelville!

More

LCHF for Beginners

How to Lose Weight

How to Normalize Your Blood Sugar

More health and weight stories

PS

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to andreas@dietdoctor.com, and please let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous.

Low Carb Made Easy How to Lose Weight Low-Carb Recipes Low-Carb Success Stories

5 Comments

  1. Welldun
    Yay Nelville! You go!
  2. François
    I'm extremely glad for you. It is sad, though, that you had to stumble upon this web site while your physician was a proponent of this diet all along. Strange he did not explain the lifestyle change for you when he diagnosed you with diabetes and peripheral artery disease.

    This being said, thanks for sharing.

  3. Corey
    Well done Nelville, you deserve it, here's to losing even more weight and becoming healthy and feeling good.
  4. Eddie Mitchell
    Hi All I was inspired by the fabulous food in the photograph at the top of the thread.

    Food, glorious food!
    Low carbing is mustard!
    While we're in the mood --
    Sugar free jelly no custard!
    Meat fish and vegetables!
    What next is the question?
    Low carbers have it, boys --
    And no indigestion!

    Food, glorious food!
    We're anxious to try it.
    Three banquets a day --
    On our favourite diet!
    Just picture a great big steak --
    Fried, roasted or stewed.
    Oh, food,
    Wonderful food,
    Marvellous food
    Glorious food

    Apologies to the late musical genius Lionel Bart

    Kind regards Eddie

  5. murray
    Well done, Neville, for exploring when the status quo was obviously not working.

    Nice ditty, Eddie.

Leave a Reply

Reply to comment #0 by

Older posts