A low-carb diet is the most effective dietary choice to lose weight – in fact there’s a 99% probability that someone will do better on low carb, compared to other diets. And the risk factors for heart disease also improve more than on low-fat diets. That’s the findings of yet another published review of the science:
- PLOS One: Dietary Intervention for Overweight and Obese Adults: Comparison of Low-Carbohydrate and Low-Fat Diets. A Meta-Analysis
- Medical Daily: Low-Carb Diet Proves More Effective For Weight Loss Than A Low-Fat One; What Does This Mean For Obese Americans?
- PRNewswire: A Low-Carb Diet Outperforms A Low-Fat Diet When It Comes To Health Outcomes
Sceptics will rightly point out that the review was supported financially by Atkins Nutritionals, so this specific paper is clearly less trustworthy than other similar earlier reviews and studies without such ties. Like these:
- Swedish Expert Committee: A Low-Carb Diet Most Effective for Weight Loss
- New Analysis: LCHF Best For Long-Term Weight and Health Markers
- New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!
It apparently does not matter who funds the study. A low-carb diet has won comparative studies more than 20 times and never lost to low-fat. Not once. That’s 20+ to zero.