Editorial Lead — Diet Doctor HQ
We are hiring a skilled, experienced and driven person to direct and lead our writers’ team as managing editor. This exceptional person will work side-by-side with (and report directly to) editor-in-chief Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt (founder and CEO) to oversee and create top-quality written content for Diet Doctor.
Are you an experienced managing editor who has a career track record in leading creative editorial teams in a fast-paced environment, such as at a magazine, newspaper or for online publishing? Would you love to join an outstanding team in creating well-written, evidence-based, and engaging low-carb guides, articles and news posts that can change the lives of millions?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Are you passionate about the impact a keto or low-carb diet can have on people’s health? This is a nice bonus but not a requirement.
Come join our company in beautiful Stockholm, Sweden. Don’t live here yet? No problem — we’ll help you move and find a place to live.
We’re looking for an experienced and driven managing editor to help direct our writers’ team. Perhaps you’re a senior editor at a major magazine, newspaper or another large news-oriented website?
The person we’re looking for will help plan, assign, manage, edit and coach the work of our writers’ team, write his or her own guides, articles and news posts, and work closely with Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt in developing and directing outstanding content for our site.
The role is challenging and not for everyone. You need all the qualities below to be considered for the job:
- Superb editing skills – able to direct, coach, and edit the work of a number of writers to make their work as simple, trustworthy, and inspiring as possible. Editing skills should encompass the gamut of substantive (developmental) editing, copy editing and proofreading.
- Superb planning and organizational skills — able to keep track and manage multiple stories and posts from multiple writers and shepherd editorial content through the entire editorial process from conception through publication.
- Superb writing skills – able to write a punchy headline and engaging subheads and pull quotes, or take a solid but uninspiring text and make it sing. Also able to explain complex subjects and concepts in a simple, trustworthy and inspiring manner.
- Superb coaching skills — able to lead and inspire the writing team to get the most out of each member’s skills and efforts.
- Excellent American English (and a native English speaker).
- A strong desire to do meaningful, great things and learn fast.
- An ability to work independently and get things done, fast and with a consistently high quality.
- A commitment to being a team player who can work alongside Andreas Eenfeldt and generate ideas and direction for the Diet Doctor content to maximize support for readers and members.
- A belief in the importance of our values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, goodness and drive.
- It’s a bonus if you are passionate and knowledgeable about low-carb and what it can do for millions of people.
- It’s a bonus if you can increase our team’s diversity – we see differences in skills, interests, religious and political beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, and ethnicity as a major benefit to our company.
Why work for Diet Doctor?
Diet Doctor is the world’s largest low-carb site, with around 250,000 daily visitors, over 44,000 paying members and 20 full-time coworkers (about 40 when including freelancers). We’ve been about doubling in size every year for a long time. We aim to keep our rapid growth up for as long as possible, to enable us to make a big positive impact in the world.
Our goal is to empower people everywhere to revolutionize their health – by making low carb simple.
We are funded by the people (through our optional membership), owned by those who work here, and – because we want to build a company that can do good for 100+ years – we’ve turned down every investment opportunity we’ve received from venture capitalists. Fortunately, with the amazing support of our members, we’ve been able to fund this growth with zero outside investments.
We offer competitive salaries and the opportunity to become a co-owner in our explosively growing company. More importantly: we’ll give you the chance to work for a purpose-driven organization, that truly exists to make the world a better place.
We currently offer English, Spanish and Swedish versions of our site and more languages are coming up soon. Your responsibility would primarily be our content on the English site, which is by far the largest.
You’ll get the opportunity to travel internationally too, if you want that. Some of our coworkers regularly travel to low-carb related conferences all over the world. This could help you network with our international team of expert contributors.
Our team goes on a week-long low-carb cruise in the Caribbean most years, and we also travel to film low-carb cooking videos with world-class talents. For example, ten people from our company will soon be at Low Carb Breckenridge, filming presentations, interviews and cooking videos.
Most of our full-time staff work together in a beautiful office in central Stockholm. So would you, if this position is right for you.
Don’t live in Stockholm, but speak excellent English? No problem – we’ll help you move here and find a place to live.
Timing not perfect? Reach out anyway – we’ll wait for the right person.
Alternatively: Do you know anyone who is a perfect match? Tell that person about this ad!
This is an opportunity you don’t want to miss – apply now.
It’s a bonus if you can increase our team’s diversity – we see differences in skills, interests, religious and political beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, etc. as a major benefit to our company.
Our goal is to empower people everywhere to revolutionize their health, by making low carb simple. At least a billion people could benefit from eating fewer carbs, primarily but not exclusively people with obesity, type 2 diabetes and other problems related to metabolic syndrome. These people are currently not getting the support they deserve, and we aim to change that.
To achieve this goal, we need to work with fantastic people who are passionate about the enormous benefits keto and low carb can have for people, and who can help us create incredible products that make low carb simple.
Could you be one of those people? And do you have the eight essential qualities we’re looking for? Are you the right person to support, direct and strengthen our writers team, plus develop content of your own? Do you want to help make low carb simple for hundreds of millions of people who need it?
If so, apply today.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- A personal letter, up to one page long, about why you’re perfect for this job.
- Links to three simple, trustworthy and inspiring articles you’ve written or edited (preferably relevant to Diet Doctor).
- Your CV with references and a picture.