Passionate health foodie to join our Swedish recipe team as Web Editor/Content Manager
If you are looking for a meaningful and rewarding job, which allows you to help millions of people to adapt a healthy lifestyle through good food – then this position may be for you!
Diet Doctor is the world’s largest low-carb site, with around 500,000 daily visitors and over 60,000 paying members.
Team Diet Doctor has 25 full-time coworkers and many freelancers and collaborators. Since 2014, we’ve been doubling in size every year. To be trustworthy, we have no ads on our sites and we do not sell any products. We are funded by the people (through our optional membership), owned by those who work here.
Aside from offering competitive salaries and the opportunity to become a co-owner in our explosively growing company, we offer you a deeply meaningful role and a great working environment in downtown Stockholm, together with inspiring coworkers.
- Keep improving our Swedish recipe pages, and keep them continuously updated and inspiring.
- Translate recipes from English, quality control and edit new recipes in WordPress for publishing.
- Create inspiring recipe pages, for example based on season, holidays, type of ingredient or recipe category.
- Write recipes and guides in an SEO-friendly way.
- Plan, publish and create engaging food-related content for our Swedish social media channels, mainly Instagram and Facebook.
- Create inspiring and useful meal plans.
- Test cook and quality check recipes.
- Assist with recording cooking videos, sometimes overseas.
- Basic image editing in Photoshop.
- Plan and create monthly Swedish recipe newsletters.
- You are a native Swedish speaker with impeccable written and spoken Swedish
- You have a relevant college degree in digital communication with focus on copywriting and/or journalism.
- Strong interest in low-carb nutrition and its benefits for certain people (e.g. type 2 diabetes, obesity).
- You have at least two years of experience as Content Manager or web editor in a marketing agency or from an advertising-, inhouse- or content agency.
- You are passionate about food and health and are familiar with cooking from recipes.
- You write and speak excellent English, and you can effortlessly translate from English to Swedish. As we are an international company with many employees from different parts of the world, we often communicate in English at the office.
- You are experienced in creating inspiring content for both web and social media.
- Education in nutrition and/or as a chef.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Basic SEO knowledge.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
- Basic HTML knowledge.
- Mailchimp experience.
- Experience with the planning tool Trello.
- Can use an SLR camera and take well-composed images.
You are solution-oriented, positive, driven and creative. You enjoy working independently, but are also a team player who helps out when needed.
This is a full-time position and you will be a part of the recipe team, but also work together with the editors on the Swedish site. You will be working in our Stockholm office, Vasagatan 40. Don’t live here yet? That’s fine – we can help you move and find a place to live in this wonderful city.
How to apply: Email your CV and a personal letter to email@example.com. Tell us why you are perfect for this job and why you would like to work at Diet Doctor. Include a salary suggestion and references. Feel free to also include work samples that you think reflect why you are right for this job, texts you have written, sites that you have worked with etc.
Application deadline: March 16th, 2019.
We are looking forward to your application!