Don’t get it? 3,2 million people do.
|All posts (175)||Alcohol (4)||Fake Low Carb Products (12)|
|Food for kids (11)||Industrial food-like products (19)||Low Carb High Fat (53)|
|Meat (4)||Non-caloric sweeteners (4)||Omega 6 (1)|
|Paleo Diets (27)||Real food (4)||Salt (4)|
|Saturated fat (9)||Sugar/fructose (40)||Vegetarian Diets (1)|
Do you want to lose weight? Here’s part 7 of a 17-part series of blog posts. You can read all the posted tips on the How to Lose Weight-page.
7. Men: Avoid Drinking Beer
This applies to women too, but men drink more beer on average. Beer contains rapidly digested carbs that shut down fat burning. That’s why beer is sometimes referred to as “liquid bread”. There’s a good reason for the term “beer belly.”
Here are smarter alcoholic options for losing weight:
- Wine (red or dry white)
- Dry champagne
- Pure spirits like whiskey, cognac, vodka (avoid sweetened cocktails – try vodka, soda, lime instead)
These drinks hardly contain any sugar/carbohydrates so they’re better than beer. However, large amounts of alcohol might slow weight loss somewhat, so moderation is still a good idea.
More: Read all posted tips on the How to Lose Weight-page.
This Polar Beer might be less dangerous than that big animal! But it’s not necessarily harmless for your weight or health.
If you want to keep your carbs way down you should probably find a lower carb alcoholic drink. Do you drink beer?
If you want to drink alcohol and avoid gaining weight it’s a good idea to avoid beer (malt sugar) and sweet drinks (sugar). Wine and pure liquor, such as whisky or brandy, are better choices.
All wines are not equally good: red wines and dry white wines (as well as dry champagne) usually contain the least amount of sugar.
What is your favorite drink?
- 1The Problem With Low-Carb Bread45
- 2Another Dreadful Low-Fat Product27
- 3The Problem With Bread24
- 4“I Was Wrong, You Were Right”22
- 5Losing 135 Pounds in One Year With LCHF22
- 1It’s the Insulin, Stupid149
- 2Stunning: Saturated Fat and the European Paradox143
- 3A New Toy Measuring Blood Ketones120
- 4Large Sodas Soon Illegal in New York?105
- 5The New York Soda Battle Rages On101
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- "I Was Wrong, You Were Right"
- Harj: I have not seen any…
- LCHF for Beginners
- How to Lose Weight, Part 3 of 17
- fitness: Its like you read my…
- The Problem With Low-Carb Bread
- How to Lose Weight
- Why You Should Never Trust a Low-Carb Label
- Another Dreadful Low-Fat Product
- More comments