|All posts (131)||Dementia (4)||Metabolic syndrome (3)|
|ADHD (4)||Depression (1)||Migraine (2)|
|Addiction (11)||Diabetes (56)||PCOS / Fertility (8)|
|Allergies (2)||Gallbladder disease (1)||Parkinson's disease (2)|
|Bipolar disorder (1)||Heart Disease (14)||Sleeping disorders (4)|
|Cancer (8)||High Blood Pressure (5)||epilepsy (1)|
|Caries/Crooked teeth (2)||Infections (1)|
|Cholesterol (17)||MS (2)|
Recently My Westerdahl reached a milestone and sent me a message:
Today I step on the scale and it shows me that my greatest milestone to date is reached! I’ve lost 165 lbs (75 kg) by adopting an LCHF diet! I was able to decline gastric bypass surgery by exchanging carbohydrates for generous amounts of fat! I haven’t suffered any allergy or asthma shocks since the day 3.5 years ago when I made the diet change! Please tell me, why would a body respond with health on a diet that will kill it? Doesn’t this violate the principles of evolution? Thank you, Diet Doctor, for your tireless work spreading knowledge for a healthier population!
Congratulations My! Continue Reading →
Here’s well-timed news for people suffering from seasonal allergies: A new study, small but well designed, shows improvement with supplementation of vitamin D.
The participants (35 people with seasonal allergic rhinitis) received either vitamin D (4000 IU daily) or placebo for two weeks. Beyond this both groups received the same treatment. The group getting vitamin D experienced less daytime problems with sneezing, nasal congestion and runny noses:
Observe that the study has only been presented at a scientific conference – meaning it’s not published yet. The result thus has to be taken with an extra pinch of salt. And we need another, larger study for proof. But it still sounds promising.
- 1More Blood Sugar, More Dementia!50
- 2If Certain Foods Make You Sick, Just Take More Medicine48
- 3New Page: Diabetes – How to Normalize Your Blood Sugar40
- 4School Refuses to Serve Food that Keeps Student Healthy40
- 5New Study: A Low-Carb Diet and Intermittent Fasting Beneficial for Diabetics!38
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!192
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?159
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview123
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Panel Discussion on the Fight Against Sugar
- Johan Lost 126 Pounds on a LCHF Diet
- New Study: A Low-Carb Diet and Intermittent Fasting Beneficial for Diabetics!
- Butter is Back!
- Kim Henry: Here in Western Washington, you…
- More comments