|All posts (172)||Dementia (6)||Liver disease (3)|
|ADHD (6)||Depression (4)||MS (2)|
|Addiction (16)||Diabetes (68)||Metabolic syndrome (3)|
|Allergies (3)||Digestive issues (6)||Migraine (2)|
|Bipolar disorder (1)||Gallbladder disease (1)||PCOS / Fertility (10)|
|Cancer (12)||Heart Disease (18)||Parkinson's disease (2)|
|Caries/Crooked teeth (2)||High Blood Pressure (5)||Sleeping disorders (6)|
|Cholesterol (18)||Infections (1)||epilepsy (1)|
I received an email from Megan, 24, in Melbourne, Australia. She’s got a fantastic story about what happened when she stopped eating what people said was healthy:
I just got another e-mail from Mexico with an impressive success story! Continue Reading →
Do you get depressed from eating the wrong foods? A recent study from Harvard School of Public Health makes this claim:
- The Huffington Post: Inflammation-Linked Diet Associated With Depression in Women
- Harvard School of Public Health: Inflammatory dietary pattern linked to depression among women
As always, this is uncertain and preliminary science that doesn’t prove anything. It’s only statistical correlation from a questionnaire. The relatively small increase in risk may be due to almost anything.
A bad diet (including bread, sugar and margarine) might increase the risk of depression and other brain disorders, but we can’t prove this with a questionnaire-based study.
Can vegetarian diets cause mental disorders, such as depression and anxiety? Some people believe so. And a new observational study shows that vegetarians do indeed have an elevated risk of such problems. Whether that’s really cause and effect is, as usual, impossible to know.
What do you think?
- 1A Calorie Is Not a Calorie – Not Even Close33
- 2Saturated Fat Completely Safe According to New Big Review of all Science!31
- 3The Problem Is the Soda. Not the Calories.29
- 4The Movie the Junk Food Industry Fears26
- 5Why You Should NOT Listen to Your Dietitian19
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!194
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?172
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview141
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- erdoke: Lisa, I don't think that a…
- The Doctor: "Have You Started an LCHF Diet, Or Something?"
- The Dreamfields Pasta Fraud Finally Results in an 8 Million Dollar Fine!
- Atkins and Their Fairy Tale Candy
- The Movie the Junk Food Industry Fears
- craig castanet: i'm glad you didn't say…
- Toxic Sugar: Fantastic Video on the Obesity Epidemic!
- Why Do More and More Adults Get Type 1 Diabetes?
- Karen: I do not agree with…
- More comments