|All posts (206)||Dementia (7)||Infections (1)|
|ADHD (6)||Depression (4)||Liver disease (4)|
|Acne (1)||Diabetes (77)||MS (2)|
|Addiction (19)||Digestive issues (12)||Metabolic syndrome (5)|
|Allergies (4)||Eating Disorders (1)||Migraine (3)|
|Bipolar disorder (1)||Epilepsy (4)||PCOS / Fertility (12)|
|Cancer (12)||Gallbladder disease (1)||Parkinson's disease (2)|
|Caries/Crooked teeth (2)||Heart Disease (22)||Sleeping disorders (6)|
|Cholesterol (20)||High Blood Pressure (10)||Thyroid problems (2)|
I received an email from Megan, 24, in Melbourne, Australia. She’s got a fantastic story about what happened when she stopped eating what people said was healthy:
I just got another e-mail from Mexico with an impressive success story! Continue Reading →
Do you get depressed from eating the wrong foods? A recent study from Harvard School of Public Health makes this claim:
- The Huffington Post: Inflammation-Linked Diet Associated With Depression in Women
- Harvard School of Public Health: Inflammatory dietary pattern linked to depression among women
As always, this is uncertain and preliminary science that doesn’t prove anything. It’s only statistical correlation from a questionnaire. The relatively small increase in risk may be due to almost anything.
A bad diet (including bread, sugar and margarine) might increase the risk of depression and other brain disorders, but we can’t prove this with a questionnaire-based study.
Can vegetarian diets cause mental disorders, such as depression and anxiety? Some people believe so. And a new observational study shows that vegetarians do indeed have an elevated risk of such problems. Whether that’s really cause and effect is, as usual, impossible to know.
What do you think?
- 1Baby Sister50
- 2More Salt Is OK According to New Study33
- 3“The Sugar Cravings Are Gone Now”27
- 4“LCHF Saved Me!”25
- 5Coca-Cola Admits Its Big Fat Problem22
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!196
- 3My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF142
- 4Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?122
- 5Will LCHF Work Long-Term? Say, After Four Years?117
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- "The Stupendous Splendiferous ButterUp"
- New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!
- Gallstones and Low Carb
- LCHF for Beginners
- Why Are We Fat? The Multimillion-Dollar Scientific Quest to Find Out
- More comments