|All posts (159)||Dementia (5)||Liver disease (1)|
|ADHD (6)||Depression (2)||MS (2)|
|Addiction (15)||Diabetes (65)||Metabolic syndrome (3)|
|Allergies (3)||Digestive issues (4)||Migraine (2)|
|Bipolar disorder (1)||Gallbladder disease (1)||PCOS / Fertility (8)|
|Cancer (12)||Heart Disease (16)||Parkinson's disease (2)|
|Caries/Crooked teeth (2)||High Blood Pressure (5)||Sleeping disorders (5)|
|Cholesterol (18)||Infections (1)||epilepsy (1)|
Do you get depressed from eating the wrong foods? A recent study from Harvard School of Public Health makes this claim:
- The Huffington Post: Inflammation-Linked Diet Associated With Depression in Women
- Harvard School of Public Health: Inflammatory dietary pattern linked to depression among women
As always, this is uncertain and preliminary science that doesn’t prove anything. It’s only statistical correlation from a questionnaire. The relatively small increase in risk may be due to almost anything.
A bad diet (including bread, sugar and margarine) might increase the risk of depression and other brain disorders, but we can’t prove this with a questionnaire-based study.
Can vegetarian diets cause mental disorders, such as depression and anxiety? Some people believe so. And a new observational study shows that vegetarians do indeed have an elevated risk of such problems. Whether that’s really cause and effect is, as usual, impossible to know.
What do you think?
- 1Is There a Safe Amount of Sugar?92
- 2Should Everyone Be Taking Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs?82
- 3Long-Term Study on the Paleo Diet: The Results53
- 4New Study: Is Today’s Wheat Bad for You?49
- 5Is It Dangerous to Eat Meat Before Age 65?44
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!192
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?168
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview139
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- LCHF-Success Greetings from India
- Zepp: I realy wold love to…
- How to Lose Weight
- Coming Up Next Week: Obesity Conference in Philadelphia!
- New Study: Is Today's Wheat Bad for You?
- Ted Hutchinson: Here are a couple of…
- How Losing Weight With LCHF Helps Save Children's Lives in Amazonas
- Is It Dangerous to Eat Meat Before Age 65?
- Joey: My dad is 66 guess…
- LCHF for Beginners
- More comments