|All posts (225)||Dementia (7)||Liver disease (4)|
|ADHD (6)||Depression (4)||MS (2)|
|Acne (1)||Diabetes (91)||Metabolic syndrome (5)|
|Addiction (19)||Digestive issues (12)||Migraine (3)|
|Allergies (5)||Eating Disorders (1)||PCOS / Fertility (12)|
|Arthritis (1)||Epilepsy (6)||Parkinson's disease (2)|
|Bipolar disorder (1)||Gallbladder disease (2)||Sleeping disorders (6)|
|Cancer (12)||Heart Disease (22)||Thyroid problems (2)|
|Caries/Crooked teeth (2)||High Blood Pressure (10)|
|Cholesterol (22)||Infections (1)|
I received an email from Megan, 24, in Melbourne, Australia. She’s got a fantastic story about what happened when she stopped eating what people said was healthy:
I just got another e-mail from Mexico with an impressive success story! Continue Reading →
Do you get depressed from eating the wrong foods? A recent study from Harvard School of Public Health makes this claim:
- The Huffington Post: Inflammation-Linked Diet Associated With Depression in Women
- Harvard School of Public Health: Inflammatory dietary pattern linked to depression among women
As always, this is uncertain and preliminary science that doesn’t prove anything. It’s only statistical correlation from a questionnaire. The relatively small increase in risk may be due to almost anything.
A bad diet (including bread, sugar and margarine) might increase the risk of depression and other brain disorders, but we can’t prove this with a questionnaire-based study.
Can vegetarian diets cause mental disorders, such as depression and anxiety? Some people believe so. And a new observational study shows that vegetarians do indeed have an elevated risk of such problems. Whether that’s really cause and effect is, as usual, impossible to know.
What do you think?
- 1”Looks Like The Medical Establishment Was Wrong About Fat”43
- 2Could Drinking Milk Shorten Your Life?38
- 3The Soda Industry Suffers Historic Loss in the US34
- 4LCHF on Australia’s Biggest Science Show!25
- 5“Sugar Is Harming Our Children”20
- 1My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF142
- 2New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!129
- 3Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?125
- 4Discovering Airline Diabetic Meal109
- 5Is There a Safe Amount of Sugar?96
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- LCHF for Beginners
- LCHF on Australia's Biggest Science Show!
- How to Lose Weight
- Lose Weight by Achieving Optimal Ketosis
- More comments