|All posts (255)||The Obesity Epidemic (53)||Weight loss surgery (9)|
|Crazy ways to lose weight (15)||Weight loss stories (61)||Why Americans are Obese (20)|
|Insulin (24)||Weight loss studies (16)|
What a change in only a few months! Fatima just e-mailed me her story:
I want to thank you for a great website. I’ve been doing LCHF since early November 2013 and will always stick to this diet, as this way both me and my stomach feel our best! I’ve lost almost 50 lbs (22 kg), and still have pounds to lose!
I wanted to share the before and after picture – only 5 months between the two pictures!
Again, thank you, and you may share the picture on your website!
Annelie Löfgren told her story on our Swedish Facebook page:
When I saw the picture to the left I decided that this had gone too far. This was in July 2012.
I’m so happy that I found LCHF. I’m so happy that I gave myself the chance to feel good!
Now I’m 88 lbs (40 kg) lighter since the summer of 2012. I’ve managed to squeeze in a pregnancy and son number three in between too! (A beloved little Theodor, whom in all likelihood wouldn’t exist, had I not found LCHF.)
Now I have the chance to live with them for a longer time! I also have the chance to stay longer in my profession as a hair dresser. Not finished yet, but soon!
Congratulations, Annelie! Continue Reading →
Is eating a low-carb diet dangerous? Sometimes you can only smile at the unscientific fear-mongering that can still be seen occasionally in the media.
Take a look at the pictures and read Kent’s story. Then ask yourself, which of the two men above seems to live dangerously?
Up until May 4th, 2013, I weighed almost 230 lbs (104 kg). I had to take antihypertensive medications and medications for constant heartburn. I had previously undergone surgery for umbilical hernia. I had constant pain in knees and shoulders. I also didn’t manage to go for longer walks than necessary without becoming exhausted.
Then I finally made a resolution to try LCHF. The hard part was freeing myself from sugar, but after that it went really well. There is so much good stuff to eat if I really want to change my diet. This has also improved my sleep, and I haven’t been sick a single day since the start. Now, nine months later, I weigh 183 lbs (83 kg).
Today I enjoy what I see in the mirror and I feel better than ever. So, if my symptoms sound familiar – give LCHF a try.
Take care and be well.
God job, Kent, congratulations! Continue Reading →
Here’s an impressive life transformation story, from Gareth Hicks: Continue Reading →
The other week I got an e-mail from Linda Börjes, who had started to google gastric bypass surgery, but instead got lucky and found LCHF through friends.
Here’s her story: Continue Reading →
Does LCHF work long-term? I received an e-mail from Ramsey, who knows for sure: Continue Reading →
Sugar or fat, which is worse? That’s the question in the BBC documentary “Sugar vs. Fat” that aired the other night. And it’s been a long time since I got so many e-mails asking me for comments!
It’s an interesting setup. Two identical twin brothers – both of them doctors – go on a diet for a month. One on an extreme low fat diet, one on an extreme low carb diet (not even vegetables are allowed!). Here’s some background information:
Unfortunately they end up mostly “confirming” their preconceived ideas. Ready? Here comes the spoilers:
I received an e-mail from Sophie in Hawaii, who wanted to share her health and weight-success story: Continue Reading →
- 1Is There a Safe Amount of Sugar?92
- 2Should Everyone Be Taking Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs?82
- 3Long-Term Study on the Paleo Diet: The Results53
- 4New Study: Is Today’s Wheat Bad for You?49
- 5Is It Dangerous to Eat Meat Before Age 65?46
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!192
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?168
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview140
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview
- Chris: The more I read, and…
- Losing Nearly 50 lbs Since November With LCHF
- WHO Recommends Cutting Sugar Intake in Half!
- One Hundred Weight Loss Blogs
- Zahara: Your article is amazing to…
- Is It Dangerous to Eat Meat Before Age 65?
- Murray: There are cultures in which…
- How to Lose Weight
- Which of These Two Men Lives Dangerously?
- Sophie: You look so much younger!!!!!
- The Problem With Low-Carb Bread
- Smashyface: @Lauri People are "pining"…
- More comments