Trying to avoid fat is a waste of time. A new study shows that compared to a low-fat diet, people lost more weight by eating a higher-fat Mediterranean diet. This after 5 years of follow-up.
In a comment on the study, Professor Dariush Mozaffarian writes that it is now “time to end our fear of fat”. He’s absolutely right.
- Daily Mail: Counting Calories IS a Waste of Time: Mediterranean Diet Rich in ‘Good’ Fats ‘Is the BEST Way to Lose Weight’
- CNN: High-Fat Mediterranean Diet, Not Low-Fat One, Is How You Lose Weight
- EurekAlert!: The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology: Mediterranean Diet High in Healthy Fat Does Not Lead to Weight Gain, According to Randomized Trial
- The Lancet: Effect of a High-Fat Mediterranean Diet on Bodyweight and Waist Circumference: A Prespecified Secondary Outcomes Analysis of the PREDIMED Randomised Controlled Trial
- Comment on the study: “Food and Weight Gain: Time to End Our Fear of Fat”