The US obesity epidemic reached a new all-time high in 2016, according to new CDC data. Every single state has an obesity rate greater than 20%, and in five states it’s even greater than 35%. Topping the chart? West Virginia, at 37,7%
To reverse this trend, something new needs to be done. Perhaps we should start by reversing the carb-heavy dietary guidelines that may be contributing to the obesity epidemic.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: New CDC data shows US adults still struggling with obesity
- The State of Obesity: Adult obesity in the United States
- The Washington Times: One in five Americans are obese: CDC data
- Chicago Tribune: American obesity report: 1 in 3 adults are beyond overweight
- CBC News: Obesity report: One-third of US adults are beyond overweight
So how do you lose weight and maintain a good weight? Check out our main weight-loss guide or the new stories below.