Spicy keto pork and kale soup
- 4 oz. 110 g kale
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 11 oz. 300 g ground pork
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ½ tsp chili flakes
- 2 2 chicken bouillon cubechicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups 475 ml water
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 1 scallionscallions
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) sesame seeds, roasted
- Mix butter, sesame oil, chili flakes and salt in a small bowl. Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- When cooled, shape the butter mixture into balls the size of walnuts. Roll them in the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot or skillet. Add ground pork and fry until golden brown. Add spices and ginger and stir.
- Rinse and trim the kale. Chop coarsely and add to the pork. Cook for a couple of more minutes.
- Add water, bouillon cubes, and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with finely chopped scallions and drop in a savory Asian fat bomb for flavor and satiety.
This soup freezes well, so make a big batch! If you want a flavor boost, make your own chicken stock and use it instead of the water and bouillon cubes. Here's our delicious recipe.