Skillet eggs and greens
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives or dried chives
- ¼ cup 60 ml (50 g) cottage cheese
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 2 avocadoavocados
- 1 1 green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 3 oz. 75 g kale
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 4 eggeggs
- salt and pepper
- Mix chives, cottage cheese and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice kale, onion and bell pepper. Peel and remove the pit from the avocados. Cut the avocados in wedges.
- Heat up olive oil in a skillet and fry the vegetables for a few minutes until softened and starting to turn golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make wells with a spoon or spatula and crack an egg in each well. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and cook until the eggs are to your liking. Place a big lid over your skillet to cook the top of the eggs more efficiently. Serve with the cottage cheese.
If you have extra chives, why not make some chive butter? Just mix about a ¼ of a cup of chives with a stick of room tempertature butter, and voila!