Sesame roasted scallops with wasabi mayonnaise
- 4 4 scallopscallops
- 2 tbsp 30 ml (20 g) sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ tbsp ¼ tbsp wasabi paste
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp lime juice
- 8 tsp 40 ml mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 oz. 50 g bok choy
- 1 1 scallionscallions
- Mix lime juice and wasabi paste with mayonnaise. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
- Roll the scallops in sesame seeds and brown quickly, about 30 seconds on each side, in a hot greased pan. Keep hot.
- Grate scallions and bok choy and fry quickly in sesame oil. Serve on small plates.
- Place the scallops directly on the stir-fry. Serve immediately with a dollop of wasabi mayonnaise.
Make sure the scallops are dry before sautéing; blot with a paper towel to remove moisture.
You can use a combination of black and white sesame seeds for an even more fun color contrast!