Savory sesame fat bombs
Problem: Asian-inspired dishes are delicious but can sometimes be a bit too lean to be keto. Solution: These savory, buttery fat bombs are fun, delicious, and add healthy fat and sesame flavors to soups and stir-fries. So drop one into your favorite Asian dish and enjoy!
- 4 oz. 110 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Start by adding sesame seeds to a dry, hot pan and roast them for a couple of minutes while stirring the entire time; be careful not to burn them. Once they are golden brown and start popping, they are done. Transfer immediately to a plate or shallow bowl and set aside.
- Mix butter, sesame oil, chili flakes and salt in a small bowl. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes or more.
- Shape the butter mixture into balls the size of walnuts, approximately half an ounce (15 g or 1 Tbsp) each. Roll each ball in the toasted sesame seeds. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Make a big batch and store in the freezer! Alternative flavors are ginger, wasabi, coriander and curry.