Pepper-crusted beef tenderloin with herbed steak sauce
- 2 lbs 900 g beef, tenderloin
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp black peppercorn, coarsely groundblack peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. (2 cups) 110 g (475 ml) leafy greens
- Mix all of the spice rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over a piece of cling wrap and roll the beef on it until it is well coated.
- Wrap loosely in the cling wrap and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or BBQ over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the beef with olive oil and sear on all sides for approx. 5-7 minutes on each side. To cook the beef to medium-rare, cook until the internal temperature reaches 130°F (55°C).
- Allow meat to rest, covered in foil for 15 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Over medium low heat, add all the sauce ingredients into a small pot and mix gently until the butter melts.
- Whisk well and serve in a dipping bowl and/or drizzled over the beef.
- Serve with a green salad or with steamed vegetables.
1. Crack one egg into a high and narrow mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup or beaker.
2. While using an immersion blender in one hand, use the other hand to slowly pour the butter sauce into the bowl containing the egg (pour the butter in a thin steady stream while you keep blending).
Note that the lowest layer is supposed to get creamy before you bring up the blender to the next layer. The sauce is ready when it's thick and fluffy.