- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g)
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ cups 350 ml
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheese, divided
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 14 oz. 400 g
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Fry in oil together with the ground meat. Add herbs. Stir in water and tomato paste, combine well. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a saucepan, add cream, half of the shredded cheese, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring continuously. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and place the slices in a baking dish with high edges to cover the bottom. Add cheese sauce, ground meat, and zucchini slices in layers. Finish off with a cheese sauce layer and top with the other half of the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese gets a nice golden color. Let it rest for at least 15 minutes before serving to let it set.