Low-carb zucchini ciabatta
- 1 lb 450 g zucchini
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1 cup 225 ml (110 g) almond flour
- ½ cup 125 ml (75 g) sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp (25 g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (15 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp (7 g) baking soda
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Rinse the zucchini but don't peel. Finely shred and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Beat eggs until fluffy and stir in shredded zucchini. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and pour into the egg batter. Stir and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape elongated flat bread pieces (1 piece / serving) with oily hands. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Let cool on the rack for a while. Cut horizontally and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
For extra flavor, sprinkle with grated parmesan instead of sea salt.
If you don't have coconut flour, you can substitute with almond flour.