Low-carb chocolate mousse
- 3 cups 700 ml unsweetened, canned
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp erythritol (optional)
- Let the coconut milk sit in the fridge for 4 hours or longer to separate the cream from the coconut water.
- Open the can carefully and scoop out the thick cream with a spoon and put in a bowl. Save the coconut water for a smoothie or pancakes.
- Whisk the coconut cream, vanilla and optional sweetener with a hand mixer for a couple of minutes until it thickens. Add cocoa powder and whisk some more.
- Serve in dessert bowls.
If you put the mousse in the freezer it will turn to ice cream in an hour.
Make sure the coconut milk doesn't have any other ingredients but coconut milk. If it does, it won't solidify inte the refrigerator as needed for this recipe.