Low-carb cabbage casserole
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g green cabbage
- 1⁄6 1⁄6 yellow onionyellow onions
- 1⁄3 1⁄3 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 2⁄3 oz. 20 g butter
- ¼ cup 60 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1 oz. 30 g cream cheese
- 1⁄6 tbsp 1⁄6 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1⁄10 tsp 1⁄10 tsp ground black pepper
- 1⁄6 tsp 1⁄6 tsp salt
- 1 oz. 30 g (60 ml) shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Shred onion, garlic and green cabbage using a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer. The quickest way is to use a food processor.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter. Sauté the vegetables until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Add cream, sour cream, cream cheese and spices. Stir thoroughly and let simmer for another 5–10 minutes.
- Add to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and has turned a golden color.
These rich flavors pair beautifully with grilled - or fried - meat and fish. Whip up a double batch, and freeze the extra in small containers for a quick side dish any night of the week. Save even more time by using pre-shredded coleslaw – just avoid mixes with carrots if you can.