Keto taco shells
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix cheese and cumin. Form small piles (about 1/4 cup, 55g each) of cheese on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave plenty of room in between piles, or the cheese might melt together.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling with light golden brown patches around the edges— the cheese can burn easily so watch carefully. Let cool for 30 seconds.
- Place a wire rack with wide grates (about 1" or 2.5 cm) over the sink
- Carefully, place the middle of the cheese "tortillas" over 2 grates on the rack before the cheese completely cools, allowing the edges of each tortilla to drape down around, forming a taco shell shape.
- Let the tortilla cool completely for a few minutes. Serve with fillings of your choice.
Spice it up!
You can use taco seasoning in place of cumin for a spiced-up taco shell. Ensure the seasoning is additive-free and does not contain gluten, sugars, or starches.
Make smaller cheese piles for mini taco sliders. A great appetizer for guests or perfect for little hands.
Rounded taco shells
If you want rounded taco shells, you can use a broomstick or a ladle handle lined with parchment paper. Suspend the stick over the sink or two raised objects on either side.
When selecting your fillings and toppings, it’s nice to have a balanced selection of fresh, savory, crunchy, soft, and spicy selections. Ground or shredded meat, grated cheese, sour cream, salsa, diced onions, chopped peppers, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes all come to mind.