Keto “Swedish” meatballs in gravy
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 lb 450 g ground pork
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup 120 ml ground pork rinds (optional)
- 1½ oz. 45 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 oz. (52⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (80 ml) red onion, mincedred onions, minced
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups 475 ml
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1¾ lbs 800 g cauliflower
- 6 oz. (¾ cup) 170 g (180 ml) cream cheese
- 5 oz. 140 g butter
- salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (185°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined. Shape the meat mixture into 24 balls.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet in a single layer approximately ½” (3-5 cm) apart from each other.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until meatballs are browned and cooked thoroughly.
- Brown the onion in butter in a large skillet.
- Add salt, pepper, and broth. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in the sour cream and the cream cheese. Simmer to thicken the gravy to the desired consistency, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the gravy and let simmer on low for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.
- While the gravy is simmering, start preparing the cauliflower. Place a pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and add to the boiling water along with a generous pinch of salt.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until soft but not mushy.
- Drain the cauliflower and discard the water.
- Use a fork or a masher to mix the cauliflower, cream cheese, and butter until creamy. For the creamiest texture, use a blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.