Keto pancakes with berries and whipped cream
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 7 oz. (1 cup) 200 g (230 ml) cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 oz. 55 g butter or coconut oil
- 2 oz. 55 g fresh raspberries or fresh blueberries or fresh strawberries
- 1 cup 240 ml
- Add eggs, cottage cheese and psyllium husk to a medium size bowl and mix together. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken up a bit.
- Heat up butter or oil in a non-stick skillet. Fry the pancakes on medium-low heat for 3–4 minutes on each side. Don't make them too big or they will be hard to flip.
- Add cream to a separate bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- Serve the pancakes with the whipped cream and berries of your choice.
Get moreStart free trial
If you want a really fluffy pancake, and don't mind spending a few more minutes making them, you can separate the eggs. Use the egg yolks as the instructions say but whip up the egg whites in a separate bowl. Add the egg whites to the batter, carefully folding them in so that the air you whipped into them doesn't get knocked out.
These pancakes are also a great snack served cold. Wrap a few up and bring them to work with you!
Storing and reheating
These pancakes taste best when they are freshly made but keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you want to store them stacked on top of each other you probably want to place a piece of parchment paper between each pancake, or they'll stick together.
The best way to reheat the pancakes is to melt a small knob of butter in a pan on medium heat and place the pancakes in there. It only takes about 30 seconds on each side to heat them up.