Keto Italian cabbage stir-fry
- 2¼ lbs 1 kg
- 7½ oz. 210 g butter, divided
- 2 lbs 850 g ground beef
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp onion powder
- 2⁄5 tsp 2⁄5 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- 3 3 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4½ oz. 130 g leek, thinly slicedleeks, thinly sliced
- 1 oz. 28 g fresh basil, chopped
- 1½ cups 350 ml mayonnaise or , for serving
- Shred the green cabbage finely with a sharp knife or in a food processor.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, melt half of the butter. Add the cabbage and fry for about 10 minutes, or until just softened.
- Add vinegar, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Stir and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until well incorporated. Transfer the sauteed cabbage to a large bowl.
- Heat the rest of the butter in the pan. Add the garlic and leeks, and sauté for a minute.
- Add meat, and continue frying until cooked through. Sauté until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add tomato paste and mix well. Lower the heat a little and add reserved cabbage and fresh basil. Stir until cooked through.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with a dollop of sour cream or mayonnaise.