Keto chicken BLT salad
- 2⁄5 cup 100 ml mayonnaise
- ¼ tbsp ¼ tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ lb 110 g bacon
- ½ oz. 15 g butter
- ½ lb 225 g boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 5 oz. 150 g Romaine lettuce
- 2 oz. 50 g cherry tomatoes
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fry the bacon slices in butter until crispy. Remove and keep warm. Save the grease in the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then cut each thigh into thirds. Fry in the same skillet as the bacon until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Rinse and chop the lettuce; be sure to use a clean cutting board and knife (different from the one used when handling the raw chicken).
- Place the lettuce on a plate and top with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, and garlic mayo.
For a shortcut, sub in shredded rotisserie chicken. Then the bacon fat can be used to make a yummy bacon vinaigrette for the salad. Just add a little vinegar and salt and pepper!