- 5 lbs 2.3 kg pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml pickled jalapeños or fresh
- 1 1 orange, juice and zestoranges, juice and zest
- 1 1 lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- 1 1 lemon, the juice
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions (optional)
- 2 2 green bell peppergreen bell peppers (optional)
- 5 5 avocadoavocados
- 4 4 tomatotomatoes
- 1 cup 225 ml (100 g) shredded cheese
- 1 cup 225 ml sour cream
- ½ cup 125 ml pickled jalapeños or fresh
- ½ cup 125 ml fresh cilantro
- Mix the dry spices and rub them on the meat. Place the meat fatty side up into a crock-pot or oven safe skillet and add the remaining seasonings.
- Sprinkle jalapenos over the pork shoulder. Add fresh orange juice, lime juice and lemon juice. Cook on low in the crock-pot for 10 to 12 hours or overnight.
- When the meat is tender, remove it from the crock-pot and shred it into smaller pieces. Reserve the drippings and reduce it to half in a pot.
- Sauté the optional onion and bell peppers in fat. Add the reduced pan drippings. Fry the pork in a heavy skillet until the pieces are browned and crispy. Getting the meat crisped up is really important in making it so delicious.
- Serve with avocado, tomato, jalapeño, shredded cheese, sour cream. Don’t forget the fresh cilantro!