Keto beef with gravy and cabbage mash
- 1½ lbs 650 g green cabbage
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. 75 g butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g bacon
- ½ ½ leekleeks
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 1½ lbs 650 g beef, tenderloin or sirloin steak
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml red wine
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml water
- salt or ground black pepper
- Start with the mash. Divide the cabbage in the middle, cutting from the center of the head outward. Remove the stem and tough core of each half and shred the leaves. Put into lightly salted boiling water and cook until soft. Drain off the water.
- Add butter and use an immersion blender or hand mixer to blend until smooth and creamy. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Keep warm.
- For the parsley butter, combine the soft butter with the finely chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Chop the bacon and leek. Fry in butter until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same frying pan, fry the beef steaks 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you want them. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, combine the cooking juices with equal parts of water and red wine. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the meat with the gravy, fried leek and bacon, and the cabbage mash. Top with a dollop of parsley butter.