BBQ chicken meatza with bacon
- 1 lb 450 g ground chicken
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups 475 ml parmesan cheese, powdered
- ½ cup 125 ml tomato sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp liquid smoke
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄8 tsp 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 1 cup 225 ml shredded provolone cheese or sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ ½ red onion, slicedred onions, sliced (optional)
- 6 oz. 175 g bacon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). If you have a a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
- Place the ground chicken in a large bowl. Add the salt and parmesan and use your hands to combine well.
- Grease a sheet of parchment paper and set it on an un-rimmed baking sheet or pizza peel for easy transfer to the oven. Place the crust mixture on the parchment and use your hands to form it into a 12-inch (30 cm) circle or a 10-inch (25 cm) square. Slide the piece of parchment with the crust onto the hot pizza stone in the oven or onto a baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the crust is turning light golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the BBQ sauce. Place the tomato sauce, vinegar, liquid smoke, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and combine until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking, if desired.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven, top with BBQ sauce, cheese and slices of red onion if desired. Place back into the oven for 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, place the diced bacon in a cast iron skillet of medium high heat and cook until crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and garnish with crispy bacon.
Using a pizza stone helps crisp up the crust nicely. If you don't have a pizza stone, you can use a baking sheet; however, the crust will not be as crispy as it would be with a stone crust.
If you prepared more BBQ sauce than necessary, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 8 days.