Baked eggs with veggies and hot yogurt sauce
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz. 275 g leek, slicedleeks, sliced
- 1 1 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 7 oz. 200 g sugar snap peas
- 3 oz. 75 g fresh spinach
- salt and ground black pepper
- 17 oz. 475 g canned artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- 8 8 eggeggs
- fresh basil or arugula lettuce (optional)
- ½ cup 125 ml Greek yogurt
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp hot sauce or sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper, after taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add leeks and garlic and fry until fragrant. Add sugar snap peas and spinach. Fry for a few more minutes until peas are tender and water has evaporated from the spinach.
- Add the artichokes to the pan and combine with the fried vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Distribute the vegetables evenly in a casserole or baking dish. Make small wells in the veggies and break eggs into the wells, one by one, being careful not to break the yolk. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites are set.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with the yogurt sauce and maybe some fresh basil or arugula.
Make a large batch so you can freeze and reheat for future meals!
If you are using baby spinach, there is no need to de-stem and tear it into pieces.
Feel free to substitue kale or collard greens for the spinach.