Passionate Spanish-speaking health foodie to join our recipe team as Web Editor/Content Manager
Diet Doctor is the world’s largest low-carb site, with around 500,000 daily visitors and over 60,000 paying members.
Team Diet Doctor has 20 full-time coworkers and many freelancers and collaborators. Since 2014, we’ve been doubling in size every year. To be trustworthy, we have no ads on our sites and we do not sell any products. We are funded by the people (through our optional membership), owned by those who work here.
Aside from offering competitive salaries and the opportunity to become a co-owner in our explosively growing company, we offer you a deeply meaningful role and a great working environment in downtown Stockholm, together with inspiring coworkers.
- Keep our Spanish recipe pages continuously updated and inspiring.
- Write recipes and guides in an SEO-friendly way.
- Translate recipes from English, quality control and edit new recipes in WordPress for publishing.
- Create inspiring recipe pages, for example based on season, holidays, type of ingredient or recipe category.
- Plan, publish and create engaging food-related content for our Spanish social media channels, mainly Instagram and Facebook.
- Create inspiring and useful meal plans.
- Test cook and quality check recipes.
- Assist with recording cooking videos, sometimes overseas.
- Basic image editing in Photoshop.
- Plan and create monthly Spanish recipe newsletters.
- You are a native Spanish speaker with impeccable written and spoken Spanish, or have lived for a long period in a Spanish-speaking country.
- You have at least two years of experience as a Content Manager or Web Editor in a marketing agency or from an advertising-, inhouse- or content agency.
- You have a relevant college degree in digital communication with focus on copywriting and/or journalism.
- You are passionate about food and health and are familiar with cooking from recipes.
- You write and speak excellent English, and you can effortlessly translate from English to Spanish. As we are an international company with many employees from different parts of the world, we often communicate in English at the office.
- You are experienced in creating inspiring content for both web and social media.
- It’s a big advantage if you have lived or have roots somewhere in Latin America. This is where our largest audience is, and it’s essential to have knowledge about domestic ingredients and other cultural aspects.
- Eat some version of low carb, and believe in its benefits.
- Be fluent in spoken and written Swedish and live in Sweden.
- Education in nutrition and/or as a chef.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Basic knowledge about SEO.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
- Basic HTML knowledge.
- Mailchimp experience.
- Experience with the planning tool Trello.
- Can use an SLR camera and take well-composed images.
You are solution-oriented, positive, driven and creative. You enjoy working independently, but are also a team player who helps out when needed.
This is a full-time position and you will be a part of the recipe team, but also work together with the editors on the Spanish site. You will be working at our Stockholm office, Vasagatan 40.
How to apply: Email your resume and a personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you are perfect for this job and why you would like to work at Diet Doctor. Include a salary suggestion and references. Feel free to also include work samples that you think reflect why you are right for this job, texts you have written, sites that you have worked with etc.
Application deadline: February 6th, 2019.
We are looking forward to your application!