|All posts (266)||The Obesity Epidemic (54)||Weight loss surgery (9)|
|Crazy ways to lose weight (15)||Weight loss stories (69)||Why Americans are Obese (20)|
|Insulin (25)||Weight loss studies (16)|
Is eating a low-carb diet dangerous? Sometimes you can only smile at the unscientific fear-mongering that can still be seen occasionally in the media.
Take a look at the pictures and read Kent’s story. Then ask yourself, which of the two men above seems to live dangerously?
Up until May 4th, 2013, I weighed almost 230 lbs (104 kg). I had to take antihypertensive medications and medications for constant heartburn. I had previously undergone surgery for umbilical hernia. I had constant pain in knees and shoulders. I also didn’t manage to go for longer walks than necessary without becoming exhausted.
Then I finally made a resolution to try LCHF. The hard part was freeing myself from sugar, but after that it went really well. There is so much good stuff to eat if I really want to change my diet. This has also improved my sleep, and I haven’t been sick a single day since the start. Now, nine months later, I weigh 183 lbs (83 kg).
Today I enjoy what I see in the mirror and I feel better than ever. So, if my symptoms sound familiar – give LCHF a try.
Take care and be well.
God job, Kent, congratulations! Continue Reading →
Here’s an impressive life transformation story, from Gareth Hicks: Continue Reading →
The other week I got an e-mail from Linda Börjes, who had started to google gastric bypass surgery, but instead got lucky and found LCHF through friends.
Here’s her story: Continue Reading →
Does LCHF work long-term? I received an e-mail from Ramsey, who knows for sure: Continue Reading →
Sugar or fat, which is worse? That’s the question in the BBC documentary “Sugar vs. Fat” that aired the other night. And it’s been a long time since I got so many e-mails asking me for comments!
It’s an interesting setup. Two identical twin brothers – both of them doctors – go on a diet for a month. One on an extreme low fat diet, one on an extreme low carb diet (not even vegetables are allowed!). Here’s some background information:
Unfortunately they end up mostly “confirming” their preconceived ideas. Ready? Here comes the spoilers:
I received an e-mail from Sophie in Hawaii, who wanted to share her health and weight-success story: Continue Reading →
More and more people are combining LCHF with some version of intermittent fasting. This often works great.
I recently got an e-mail from Lina Hassinen. Here’s her story: Continue Reading →
How many young people aren’t stuck in a sugar addiction, with all the problems that come with it? Toby was one of them.
Here’s his story about how he got himself a new life: Continue Reading →
- 1A Calorie Is Not a Calorie – Not Even Close33
- 2Saturated Fat Completely Safe According to New Big Review of all Science!31
- 3The Problem Is the Soda. Not the Calories.29
- 4The Movie the Junk Food Industry Fears26
- 5Why You Should NOT Listen to Your Dietitian19
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!194
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?172
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview141
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- The Dreamfields Pasta Fraud
- The Doctor: "Have You Started an LCHF Diet, Or Something?"
- Why Do More and More Adults Get Type 1 Diabetes?
- Galina L.: I have a guess that…
- The Dreamfields Pasta Fraud Finally Results in an 8 Million Dollar Fine!
- Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- erdoke: Lisa, I don't think that a…
- Atkins and Their Fairy Tale Candy
- The Movie the Junk Food Industry Fears
- craig castanet: i'm glad you didn't say…
- More comments