Is it possible to reverse type 2 diabetes?
|All posts (294)||The Obesity Epidemic (55)||Weight loss surgery (10)|
|Crazy ways to lose weight (16)||Weight loss stories (89)||Why Americans are Obese (20)|
|Insulin (26)||Weight loss studies (20)|
I got an e-mail from Jane Britton in Australia, who struggled to lose weight with low-calorie diets for many years.
Here’s what she discovered when she decided to study to become a dietitian, and soon realized what the biochemistry text book had to say about what causes storage of fat: Continue Reading →
According to a new Swedish study, boring TV shows seem to increase the risk of obesity. In the study, a “boring” program (an art lecture on Swedish Television) led to more snacking than a fun program.
Personally, I think boring art shows on TV may be less of a problem in the long run, as they reduce the risk of getting stuck in front of the screen. Addictive TV shows that don’t contribute anything positive in your life are worse.
There are, of course, a couple of highly efficient solutions to the problem of snacking on candy in front of the TV:
- Don’t watch TV passively – do something else that you enjoy more. If you want to become really smart, watch TED.com instead.
- Avoid buying unhealthful snacks – so that you avoid being tempted.
Do you have any suggestions for what to eat while watching TV and what do you like most to watch when you watch TV?
Do you have to suffer from aches and pains as you’re getting older? Although this has become the norm, it’s not part of a natural aging process.
Here’s an email from Beth, who wanted to share her experiences with an LCHF diet: Continue Reading →
I received a fascinating story from Anthony in Australia about what happened when he ended up in the emergency room, where it was discovered that he had high blood pressure. This led him to search for better health on his own, not following the usual diet recommendations he was given. Here’s his story: Continue Reading →
Women approaching middle age may have a difficult time losing weight – sometimes even on LCHF.
Bitte Björkman shares her story here: Continue Reading →
Can you eat yourself free from the common digestive disease ulcerative colitis? Recently another reader – Bella – told her story about how she set herself free from her digestive disease.
Many people felt the story resonated with them, and one of them is Hanna. Here’s her story about how she went from “fat, pill-popping and not enjoying life” – picture to the left – to leaner, healthier and happier. Just like Bella: Continue Reading →
Here’s the Russian film producer and media personality Sam Klebanov – before and after LCHF.
Recently, Klebanov opened a Russian website with tips and success stories: LCHF.ru
Do you know anyone who speaks Russian, who could benefit from the website? Please pass this on. Continue Reading →
I got en email from Minna in Finland, who tried to lose weight with the official nutritional guidelines, while wondering why she was still fat. Here’s her story on what happened when she learned about LCHF from a co-worker: Continue Reading →
- 1New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!128
- 2All Diets are Equally Good … Or Are They?70
- 3Fancy a Bug Bar?47
- 4Do You Want to Watch the Excellent Obesity Documentary FED UP?35
- 5LCHF Deadly in the Long Run… or Not?31
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!196
- 3My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF142
- 4New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!128
- 5Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?124
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- LCHF Deadly in the Long Run... or Not?
- Do You Want to Watch the Excellent Obesity Documentary FED UP?
- Fancy a Bug Bar?
- Paul the rat: @ bill, yes, but as I…
- "My Fatty Liver Is Gone"
- Vicente: Hi … donations worked spectacularly…
- Swedes Consuming Low-Fat Dairy Products Gain More Weight!
- More comments