|All posts (8)|
This is great. Two of my favorite people in the world: Dr Robert Lustig and Stephen Colbert. Here we get to see them both at the same time, if only for five minutes.
The planned documentary In Defense of Fat is trying to get financed via Kickstarter. Unfortunately the first attempt – for 50 000 dollars – failed. That means that if you backed the earlier project that pledge was cancelled.
Now a new attempt at financing (30 000 dollars) is closing in on the finish line. And this time it looks more hopeful. With 59 hours to go they have promises of more than 23 000 dollars.
If you help out with 25 dollars you get to see the movie streamed when it’s done. 50 dollars gets you a DVD with extra material (this is what I chose). There are also signed books by among others Mark Sisson and Denise Minger to be had. Let’s get this movie made:
Kickstart In Defense of Fat
Are you in?
PS: If you backed the previous cancelled attempt you need to pledge again to join.
This is great. I don’t care much for Fox News, but their viewers deserve their health too. Right?
Popular host Bill O’Reilly just talked about how much healthier he feels since he stopped eating wheat. He also gave a huge endorsement to the book Wheat Belly by my good friend dr William Davis.
I you’re interested I have a great video interview with dr Davis coming up soon. If you can’t wait, get the book. It’s good.
This might be seen as off-topic. But it isn’t really. To change the world you mainly need good ideas and hard work. But it also helps to have the right kind of tools.
All Apple fans have probably seen this by now. The new MacBook Pro with an insane 2880 x 1800 pixel Retina display. Faster and thinner than ever and with enormous amounts of flash storage instead of a hard drive. Perfect for editing HD video while traveling.
I couldn’t help myself, I just ordered one. Are you jealous?
I used to play poker online a few years back. Playing good poker demands total concentration and quite a bit of knowledge. You need to be a lot sharper than the average opponent.
Some people still claim that the brain needs a lot of carbs every day, otherwise it will shut down (funny, I know). They also think that low carb diets make people depressed, tired, sleepy and slows the thought processes. Some even believe diets high in fat shrink the brain!
According to these wild (and mostly disproven) ideas it should be impossible to have an intellectual career on low carb. For example playing poker professionally.
This turns out to be false. I was contacted by a successful poker pro who’ve been eating LCHF for a while. His experience is the opposite of what some think. He experiences increased mental performance, especially by being able to focus for a long time.
When I linked to this on my Swedish blog some commentors noted that LCHF diets were actually pretty popular in people discussing poker online. For the same reason: More durable mental focus.
“That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
- Steve Jobs
- 1Is There a Safe Amount of Sugar?92
- 2Should Everyone Be Taking Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs?82
- 3Long-Term Study on the Paleo Diet: The Results53
- 4New Study: Is Today’s Wheat Bad for You?49
- 5Is It Dangerous to Eat Meat Before Age 65?46
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!192
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?168
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview140
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview
- Chris: The more I read, and…
- Losing Nearly 50 lbs Since November With LCHF
- WHO Recommends Cutting Sugar Intake in Half!
- One Hundred Weight Loss Blogs
- Zahara: Your article is amazing to…
- Is It Dangerous to Eat Meat Before Age 65?
- Murray: There are cultures in which…
- How to Lose Weight
- Which of These Two Men Lives Dangerously?
- Sophie: You look so much younger!!!!!
- The Problem With Low-Carb Bread
- Smashyface: @Lauri People are "pining"…
- More comments