|All posts (226)||Gary Taubes (23)||Myths about LCHF (6)|
|Calorie Counting (25)||Gut bacteria (1)||NuSI (2)|
|Climate Change (1)||Health (3)||Potential LCHF problems (1)|
|Coca Cola (22)||Health Scares (4)||Robert Lustig (28)|
|Confused thinking (10)||History of Low Carb Diets (1)||Stephan Guyenet (3)|
|Dr Oz (1)||Intermittent fasting (6)||The Food Revolution (12)|
|Drugs (5)||Ketone Measuring (11)||The Swedish Revolution (46)|
|Evolution (1)||Living longer (3)||Tom Naughton (4)|
|Failed low fat diets (24)||Lobbyism (10)|
Here’s the recent pre-Low Carb Cruise dinner roast, performed by stand-up comedian Tom Naughton. As one of the presenters this year I also had the honor of being mocked in his speech. You can probably guess what Tom chose to make fun of?
PS: Like Naughtons work? Check out his great Science for Smart People talk.
If you haven’t seen this recent lecture (20 min) by brilliant stand-up comic and food blogger Tom Naughton yet, you should. It’s about how people are turning away from obsolete official high-carb eating guidelines. How people seek out better advice online. And how this evolution is unstoppable.
Unless the official nutrition advice is updated to something that actually works, more and more people are simple going to ignore it.
Tom Naughton’s blog (well worth reading)
PS: Vox Populi means “voice of the people”.
Here is Tom Naughton’s very well received speech from the LC-cruise. Since he used to do stand up comedy it’s a funny speech. Even more impressive considering the subject: different kinds of studies on diet and health.
See this lecture and you will understand something important: the problem with observational studies. That will make you able to see right through the common mistake that the media, and even many professors, do when reporting on these studies. You know the headlines: “XXX causes heart disease” or any other variation on that theme.
You will for example understand why you will not become taller by playing basketball, even though most people playing basketball are tall.
PS: You can order this lecture on a DVD for 14.99 USD (with free shipping) if you’d rather see it like that, or show it to friends.
The comedian Tom Naughton (above with his lovely wife Chareva) has written an excellent report from the low carb cruise. Tom Naughton is not just a funny man, he also understands better than most people the cause of the massive problems with weight and health in America.
I recommend Naughtons comedic documentary Fat Head to everyone interested in the subject. You’ll not only laugh, you’ll get smarter. See the trailer, read more and order the DVD here.
Here is Naughton’s cruise report: Fat Head: Back from the cruise
- 1New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!129
- 2All Diets are Equally Good … Or Are They?78
- 3Fancy a Bug Bar?47
- 4Lunch at the Diabetes Conference40
- 5Do You Want to Watch the Excellent Obesity Documentary FED UP?40
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!196
- 3My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF142
- 4New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!129
- 5Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?125
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- "LCHF Saved Me!"
- Mini P.G: Running short of recipes in…
- Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?
- teak: to the user to mention…
- Try to Get It Right Next Time
- Gallstones and Low Carb
- My Blood Sugar After Two Different Meals at the Diabetes Conference
- Murray: An egg and cheese omelette…
- LCHF for Beginners
- Zepp: Well 722 Kcal a day…
- Another Reason to be Skeptical of Artificial Sweeteners
- erdoke: One thing I like in…
- More comments