|All posts (228)||Gary Taubes (24)||Myths about LCHF (6)|
|Calorie Counting (25)||Gut bacteria (1)||NuSI (2)|
|Climate Change (1)||Health (3)||Potential LCHF problems (1)|
|Coca Cola (22)||Health Scares (4)||Robert Lustig (28)|
|Confused thinking (10)||History of Low Carb Diets (1)||Stephan Guyenet (3)|
|Dr Oz (1)||Intermittent fasting (6)||The Food Revolution (13)|
|Drugs (5)||Ketone Measuring (11)||The Swedish Revolution (46)|
|Evolution (1)||Living longer (3)||Tom Naughton (4)|
|Failed low fat diets (24)||Lobbyism (10)|
Gary Taubes is back from a long blogging hiatus with an interesting post. As usual, when Gary writes he writes a lot. Even the title is long:
- Catching up on lost time – the Ancestral Health Symposium, food reward, palatability, insulin signaling and carbohydrates, kettles, pots and other odds and ends (with some philosophy of science as a special added attraction). Part I.
Within about five minutes Stephan Guyenet had his own new post up, detailing why Gary Taubes is wrong again:
They both have a few good points. But is this really just about the science? Continue Reading →
After the recent fireworks at AHS, perhaps this should not come as a surprise. Neurobiologist and popular blogger Stephan Guyenet has posted on why he does not believe in (refined) carbohydrates as an important cause of obesity. Although he does acknowledge that a low carb diet is effective for making you lose weight.
Sound complicated? It is:
This makes me think of a common saying regarding forests and trees (thus the illustration). Let’s untangle this mess. Continue Reading →
Here is the most talked about, tweeted and blogged moment of the Ancestral Health Symposium, captured on film. Two stars colliding.
Stephan Guyenet has just finished his talk on “food reward” being a major cause of obesity. Gary Taubes, the undisputed champion of the “carbs->insulin->fat” camp, steps up to the microphone for the start of Q&A…
[UPDATED WITH VIDEO] Continue Reading →
- 1Dinner at Diet Doctor’s51
- 2“Your Best Carbohydrate Level Is the One You’re Happiest on Without Weight Gain”30
- 3Another Reason to be Skeptical of Artificial Sweeteners28
- 4My Blood Sugar After Two Different Meals at the Diabetes Conference22
- 5A Low-Carb Diet Improves Quality of Life for Diabetics22
- 1Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!196
- 2My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF142
- 3New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!129
- 4Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?125
- 5Discovering Airline Diabetic Meal109
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- "Your Best Carbohydrate Level Is the One You're Happiest on Without Weight Gain"
- "Before, I Was Ruled by Food"
- Carb-Loaded: the Best Low-Carb Movie Ever?
- LCHF for Beginners
- How to Lose Weight
- More comments