|All posts (207)||Gary Taubes (20)||NuSI (1)|
|Calorie Counting (22)||Gut bacteria (1)||Potential LCHF problems (1)|
|Climate Change (1)||Health (3)||Robert Lustig (25)|
|Coca Cola (19)||Health Scares (4)||Stephan Guyenet (3)|
|Confused thinking (10)||Intermittent fasting (6)||The Food Revolution (6)|
|Dr Oz (1)||Ketone Measuring (9)||The Swedish Revolution (45)|
|Drugs (4)||Living longer (3)||Tom Naughton (4)|
|Evolution (1)||Lobbyism (10)|
|Failed low fat diets (24)||Myths about LCHF (5)|
Gary Taubes is back from a long blogging hiatus with an interesting post. As usual, when Gary writes he writes a lot. Even the title is long:
- Catching up on lost time – the Ancestral Health Symposium, food reward, palatability, insulin signaling and carbohydrates, kettles, pots and other odds and ends (with some philosophy of science as a special added attraction). Part I.
Within about five minutes Stephan Guyenet had his own new post up, detailing why Gary Taubes is wrong again:
They both have a few good points. But is this really just about the science? Continue Reading →
After the recent fireworks at AHS, perhaps this should not come as a surprise. Neurobiologist and popular blogger Stephan Guyenet has posted on why he does not believe in (refined) carbohydrates as an important cause of obesity. Although he does acknowledge that a low carb diet is effective for making you lose weight.
Sound complicated? It is:
This makes me think of a common saying regarding forests and trees (thus the illustration). Let’s untangle this mess. Continue Reading →
Here is the most talked about, tweeted and blogged moment of the Ancestral Health Symposium, captured on film. Two stars colliding.
Stephan Guyenet has just finished his talk on “food reward” being a major cause of obesity. Gary Taubes, the undisputed champion of the “carbs->insulin->fat” camp, steps up to the microphone for the start of Q&A…
[UPDATED WITH VIDEO] Continue Reading →
- 1Is There a Safe Amount of Sugar?92
- 2Should Everyone Be Taking Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs?82
- 3Long-Term Study on the Paleo Diet: The Results53
- 4New Study: Is Today’s Wheat Bad for You?49
- 5Is It Dangerous to Eat Meat Before Age 65?45
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!192
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?168
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview139
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Losing Nearly 50 lbs Since November With LCHF
- Frances: Congratulations!
- Which of These Two Men Lives Dangerously?
- Sophie: You look so much younger!!!!!
- The Problem With Low-Carb Bread
- Smashyface: @Lauri People are "pining"…
- WHO Recommends Cutting Sugar Intake in Half!
- Is It Dangerous to Eat Meat Before Age 65?
- Coming Up Next Week: Obesity Conference in Philadelphia!
- Eric Anderson: Doc Can you update us on…
- Dr Oz Changes His Mind on Cholesterol!
- Will: Eat all the bacon and…
- Toxic Sugar: Fantastic Video on the Obesity Epidemic!
- Libby www.ditchthecarbs.com: This is the best short…
- The Picture That Changed Everything
- Low-Carb to Manage Type 1 Diabetes
- Tabloid: "Eating Meat Is Like Smoking Cigarettes"
- More comments