|All posts (221)||Gary Taubes (21)||Myths about LCHF (6)|
|Calorie Counting (24)||Gut bacteria (1)||NuSI (1)|
|Climate Change (1)||Health (3)||Potential LCHF problems (1)|
|Coca Cola (21)||Health Scares (4)||Robert Lustig (26)|
|Confused thinking (10)||History of Low Carb Diets (1)||Stephan Guyenet (3)|
|Dr Oz (1)||Intermittent fasting (6)||The Food Revolution (12)|
|Drugs (4)||Ketone Measuring (11)||The Swedish Revolution (46)|
|Evolution (1)||Living longer (3)||Tom Naughton (4)|
|Failed low fat diets (24)||Lobbyism (10)|
Gary Taubes is back from a long blogging hiatus with an interesting post. As usual, when Gary writes he writes a lot. Even the title is long:
- Catching up on lost time – the Ancestral Health Symposium, food reward, palatability, insulin signaling and carbohydrates, kettles, pots and other odds and ends (with some philosophy of science as a special added attraction). Part I.
Within about five minutes Stephan Guyenet had his own new post up, detailing why Gary Taubes is wrong again:
They both have a few good points. But is this really just about the science? Continue Reading →
After the recent fireworks at AHS, perhaps this should not come as a surprise. Neurobiologist and popular blogger Stephan Guyenet has posted on why he does not believe in (refined) carbohydrates as an important cause of obesity. Although he does acknowledge that a low carb diet is effective for making you lose weight.
Sound complicated? It is:
This makes me think of a common saying regarding forests and trees (thus the illustration). Let’s untangle this mess. Continue Reading →
Here is the most talked about, tweeted and blogged moment of the Ancestral Health Symposium, captured on film. Two stars colliding.
Stephan Guyenet has just finished his talk on “food reward” being a major cause of obesity. Gary Taubes, the undisputed champion of the “carbs->insulin->fat” camp, steps up to the microphone for the start of Q&A…
[UPDATED WITH VIDEO] Continue Reading →
- 1My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF139
- 2Reversing Diabetes After a Visit to the Emergency Room37
- 3No More Than Seven Months?34
- 4“I Was Wrong, We Should Be Feasting on Fat”29
- 5Scientists: A Low-Carbohydrate Diet Should Be First Approach for Diabetics!25
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!196
- 3My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF139
- 4Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?117
- 5Will LCHF Work Long-Term? Say, After Four Years?117
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Crash Course in Blood Pressure
- Scientists: A Low-Carbohydrate Diet Should Be First Approach for Diabetics!
- Crash Course in Blood Pressure – New Page!
- Howard Lee Harkness: We missed you in May.…
- No More Than Seven Months?
- Losing Nearly 50 lbs Since November With LCHF
- Usman shaikh: Congrats Fatima U…
- More comments