|All posts (196)||Gary Taubes (19)||NuSI (1)|
|Calorie Counting (21)||Gut bacteria (1)||Potential LCHF problems (1)|
|Climate Change (1)||Health (2)||Robert Lustig (25)|
|Coca Cola (19)||Health Scares (3)||Stephan Guyenet (3)|
|Confused thinking (10)||Intermittent fasting (2)||The Food Revolution (4)|
|Dr Oz (1)||Ketone Measuring (9)||The Swedish Revolution (45)|
|Drugs (4)||Living longer (2)||Tom Naughton (4)|
|Evolution (1)||Lobbyism (10)|
|Failed low fat diets (24)||Myths about LCHF (3)|
Semi-starvation has been thought to be life-prolonging in animals and perhaps even in humans. But a new experiment in monkeys casts a lot of doubt on that hypothesis:
In a way this is disappointing, in a way it’s good news. Who would want to be hungry forever?
What do you think?
This is a fascinating new TED talk. Certain genes, when activated, make worms, flies and mice live much longer. Almost identical genes exist in humans and may have the same effect. But these genes are turned off by insulin and IGF-1.
Cynthia Keynon curiously does not mention it in this talk, but drugs and gene therapy is not the only way to get this effect. There is another simpler way and she is doing it herself. Removing excess carbs from the diet is a very effective way to lower insulin and IGF-1, activating the long-life genes.
Here is an earlier interview with her: Can cutting carbohydrates from your diet make you live longer?
- 1More Blood Sugar, More Dementia!50
- 2If Certain Foods Make You Sick, Just Take More Medicine48
- 3New Page: Diabetes – How to Normalize Your Blood Sugar40
- 4School Refuses to Serve Food that Keeps Student Healthy40
- 5New Study: A Low-Carb Diet and Intermittent Fasting Beneficial for Diabetics!38
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!192
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?159
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview123
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Panel Discussion on the Fight Against Sugar
- LCHF for Beginners
- Losing 92 lbs and a Sugar Addiction with LCHF
- Aansy Stone: Wow, Truly amazing and a…
- Low Carb Winning in Sweden
- Emory: I just subscribed to the…
- Johan Lost 126 Pounds on a LCHF Diet
- More comments