The number of visitors to DietDoctor.com just keeps increasing. In January we had over half a million visitors for the month!
Specifically, the number of visitors was 510,000, which is up 153% from the same period last year.
Welcome to all new readers!
The original Swedish version of DietDoctor.com, Kostdoktorn.se, broke a new visitor record with over a million visitors, making it one of the biggest blogs in Sweden. This English version is growing faster though…
How did you find your way here?
This past year was full of exciting health-related news. Here’s a look back at some of the highlights: Continue Reading →
Here’s a panel discussion on the fight against sugar featuring, among others, myself and sugar’s enemy number one, ie Professor Robert Lustig.
The discussion took place last month at a health conference in Oslo. The other participants are Dr. Espen Rostrup (a solid rock in the Norwegian diet debate – when he dives in) and Tone Glestad from the Norwegian Center for Sugar Addiction. Together we discussed health problems from sugar consumption, as well as weak and strong points in Lustig’s message.
Last week we had two planning days for those working on DietDoctor.com and its Swedish version.
At the meeting were my brother Johan, who takes care of IT development, my spouse Kristin, who manages everything and everyone, Inger Swanberg and Marina Yudanov, who, among other things, translate some of the information for DietDoctor.com, Leopold Roos, who moderates the Swedish discussion forum and Bjarte Bakke, who helps as a strategic consultant. A page with a more detailed presentation of everyone will be coming.
After two days of focused planning for the future my brain did hurt a little. But with such a team and so many great ideas we’ll go far.
The goal is set high: Inspiring millions of people to revolutionize their health.
Next year I’ll be giving two talks at the American Society of Bariatric Physicians (ASBP) Spring Conference.
The conference usually has a lot to offer for those interested in non-surgical weight-loss treatment. If you want to travel to Philadelphia on March 12-16th, 2014, you are welcome to join us! Continue Reading →
The interest in the food revolution just keeps increasing.
The Swedish government agency SBU (Swedish Council on Health Technology Assessment) released their expert inquiry last week, including the conclusion that a low-carb diet produces more rapid weight loss – and better health markers!
This was a historic day, that will certainly have an impact on the future treatment of obesity in Sweden. As a bonus the news produced a major visitor record for my Swedish blog: over 73,000 visitors in one day. Not bad in a small country!
Above you can see the number of daily visits to Kostdoktorn.se since the start in 2007. The number of visitors is increasing and the website is already one of Sweden’s most read blogs, all categories included. But I think this is just the beginning.
More and more people are spreading the knowledge. Together we’ll make great things happen. In Sweden, and around the world.
Here’s my new home office. I’ve thrown out the chair – instead I just got myself a standing desk. Why? Continue Reading →
Do you like this blog and the Food Revolution video? Then you’ll probably love my book – but it’s not yet available in English. However, if you know German you’re in luck as the German translation has just been released. I just got a copy, it looks very nice.
Feel free to tell any German friends that you might have:
Today is a huge holiday in Scandinavia. Klara and the rest of the family wish you a happy Midsummer!
- 1Is There a Safe Amount of Sugar?92
- 2Should Everyone Be Taking Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs?82
- 3Long-Term Study on the Paleo Diet: The Results53
- 4Losing Weight Long Term on LCHF52
- 5New Study: Is Today’s Wheat Bad for You?48
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!192
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?168
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview139
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?
- Jonny: Fresh fruit and veg are…
- WHO Recommends Cutting Sugar Intake in Half!
- LCHF for Beginners
- Tabloid: "Eating Meat Is Like Smoking Cigarettes"
- How Animals Eat Their Food
- Peter: Really had me laughing!
- How to Lose Weight
- zaranzak: Obesity consequences and easy solutions…
- Should You Take Drugs for Mildly Elevated Blood Pressure?
- Trent Black: In the USA, MEDLINE, our…
- Is It Dangerous to Eat Meat Before Age 65?
- Paul the rat: @ murray, glucose does the damage…
- More comments