|All posts (172)||Dementia (6)||Liver disease (3)|
|ADHD (6)||Depression (4)||MS (2)|
|Addiction (16)||Diabetes (68)||Metabolic syndrome (3)|
|Allergies (3)||Digestive issues (6)||Migraine (2)|
|Bipolar disorder (1)||Gallbladder disease (1)||PCOS / Fertility (10)|
|Cancer (12)||Heart Disease (18)||Parkinson's disease (2)|
|Caries/Crooked teeth (2)||High Blood Pressure (5)||Sleeping disorders (6)|
|Cholesterol (18)||Infections (1)||epilepsy (1)|
It’s out. The book “Fat Chance” by professor Robert Lustig, the man who made millions of people watch a 90 minutes long lecture on nutrition (“Sugar, The Bitter Truth”). Lustig has the ability to make a subject exciting and his message could not be more important.
I’m reading the book right now and I’ll return with a more thorough review. But I want to tell you right now. While it’s only January 5th and while I haven’t yet finished the first read-through I’m already certain: This is the book of the year.
Do you want to know:
- Why a calorie is not a calorie?
- Why obesity is not about gluttony or sloth?
- What the real problem is with sugar and processed food?
- The cause of the epidemics of obesity and related diseases?
Here’s the answer (it starts with the letter “i”) in a fascinating read and with a concluding list of scientific references that should make the most inveterate critic give up.
Here’s the first of several interviews with experts on low carb nutrition. First out: “Denver’s Diet Doctor” – dr Jeffry Gerber, MD. This was recorded at the ASBP obesity conference in Denver back in April.
Dr Gerber, like me, is a family physician specializing in treating patients with obesity, diabetes and other metabolic problems. He’s also a super nice guy. So what’s it like being a doctor treating patients with advice on high fat and Paleo diets? Listen and find out!
Why do so many people get obesity, diabetes and heart disease today? Perhaps the answer lies in evolution. But amazingly “modern” nutrition science pretty much ignores human evolution.
It’s been 153 years since Charles Darwin published his revolutionary book On the Origin of Species – but nutrition science hasn’t yet noticed. That’s why they’re stuck at a medieval level. That’s why dietitians usually are no help for people suffering from obesity or diabetes.
Professor Loren Cordain is perhaps the worlds number one expert on the evolution of the human diet. Here are a a few of his slides from the recent ASBP obesity conference. They tell us a lot: Continue Reading →
- 1A Calorie Is Not a Calorie – Not Even Close33
- 2Saturated Fat Completely Safe According to New Big Review of all Science!31
- 3The Problem Is the Soda. Not the Calories.29
- 4The Movie the Junk Food Industry Fears26
- 5The Doctor: “Have You Started an LCHF Diet, Or Something?”19
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!194
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?172
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview141
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- The Doctor: "Have You Started an LCHF Diet, Or Something?"
- The Dreamfields Pasta Fraud Finally Results in an 8 Million Dollar Fine!
- The Dreamfields Pasta Fraud
- Why Do More and More Adults Get Type 1 Diabetes?
- Galina L.: I have a guess that…
- Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- erdoke: Lisa, I don't think that a…
- More comments