|All posts (220)||Dementia (7)||Infections (1)|
|ADHD (6)||Depression (4)||Liver disease (4)|
|Acne (1)||Diabetes (89)||MS (2)|
|Addiction (19)||Digestive issues (12)||Metabolic syndrome (5)|
|Allergies (4)||Eating Disorders (1)||Migraine (3)|
|Bipolar disorder (1)||Epilepsy (4)||PCOS / Fertility (12)|
|Cancer (12)||Gallbladder disease (2)||Parkinson's disease (2)|
|Caries/Crooked teeth (2)||Heart Disease (22)||Sleeping disorders (6)|
|Cholesterol (21)||High Blood Pressure (10)||Thyroid problems (2)|
Can antibiotics make you fat? It’s an interesting idea:
Cows regularly get antibiotics in their feed as it helps them put on pounds. The cause may be that it disturbs the gut microbiota and makes the cows absorb more energy from the feed. Mice experience a similar fate when put on antibiotics, adding 10-15 percent of fat mass.
Now, humans aren’t cows or mice. But could we gain weight too by eating antibiotics? It’s still speculative, but it’s another reason not to use antibiotics unless it’t truly necessary. I added this tip to the others about medications on the How to lose weight-page.
What do you think?
Update: I was just told there’s a study showing significant weight gain in people being treated with antibiotics for stomach ulcers. Hard to know if it’s because of the antibiotics or a side effect of curing the ulcer though.
- 1Dinner at Diet Doctor’s51
- 2The Result of My Diabetes Lunch29
- 3Another Reason to be Skeptical of Artificial Sweeteners28
- 4“Your Best Carbohydrate Level Is the One You’re Happiest on Without Weight Gain”25
- 5My Blood Sugar After Two Different Meals at the Diabetes Conference22
- 1Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!196
- 2My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF142
- 3New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!129
- 4Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?125
- 5Discovering Airline Diabetic Meal109
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- "Your Best Carbohydrate Level Is the One You're Happiest on Without Weight Gain"
- LCHF for Beginners
- "Giant Leap to Type 1-Diabetes Cure"
- George Harding: A question more than a…
- New Solid Studies: The Advice on Gluten for Infants Needs to Be Changed!
- Lunch at the Diabetes Conference
- TrondO: Hey this lunch is vegan.…
- One Hundred Weight Loss Blogs
- makeitcountnutrition: That is really interesting information…
- More comments