|All posts (226)||Dementia (7)||Liver disease (4)|
|ADHD (6)||Depression (4)||MS (2)|
|Acne (1)||Diabetes (91)||Metabolic syndrome (5)|
|Addiction (19)||Digestive issues (12)||Migraine (3)|
|Allergies (5)||Eating Disorders (1)||PCOS / Fertility (12)|
|Arthritis (1)||Epilepsy (6)||Parkinson's disease (2)|
|Bipolar disorder (1)||Gallbladder disease (2)||Sleeping disorders (6)|
|Cancer (12)||Heart Disease (23)||Thyroid problems (2)|
|Caries/Crooked teeth (2)||High Blood Pressure (10)|
|Cholesterol (22)||Infections (1)|
Can antibiotics make you fat? It’s an interesting idea:
Cows regularly get antibiotics in their feed as it helps them put on pounds. The cause may be that it disturbs the gut microbiota and makes the cows absorb more energy from the feed. Mice experience a similar fate when put on antibiotics, adding 10-15 percent of fat mass.
Now, humans aren’t cows or mice. But could we gain weight too by eating antibiotics? It’s still speculative, but it’s another reason not to use antibiotics unless it’t truly necessary. I added this tip to the others about medications on the How to lose weight-page.
What do you think?
Update: I was just told there’s a study showing significant weight gain in people being treated with antibiotics for stomach ulcers. Hard to know if it’s because of the antibiotics or a side effect of curing the ulcer though.
- 1”Looks Like The Medical Establishment Was Wrong About Fat”43
- 2Could Drinking Milk Shorten Your Life?38
- 3The Soda Industry Suffers Historic Loss in the US36
- 4LCHF on Australia’s Biggest Science Show!33
- 5“Sugar Is Harming Our Children”22
- 1My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF142
- 2New Major Study: A Low-Carb Diet Yet Again Best for Both Weight and Health Markers!129
- 3Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?125
- 4Discovering Airline Diabetic Meal109
- 5Is There a Safe Amount of Sugar?96
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Dramatically Improved Heart Health in Sweden!
- LCHF for Beginners
- "Sugar Is Harming Our Children"
- Scientists Against Sugar
- The Dreamfields Pasta Fraud
- Lydia Douglas: I did same test on…
- More comments