|All posts (131)||Dementia (4)||Metabolic syndrome (3)|
|ADHD (4)||Depression (1)||Migraine (2)|
|Addiction (11)||Diabetes (56)||PCOS / Fertility (8)|
|Allergies (2)||Gallbladder disease (1)||Parkinson's disease (2)|
|Bipolar disorder (1)||Heart Disease (14)||Sleeping disorders (4)|
|Cancer (8)||High Blood Pressure (5)||epilepsy (1)|
|Caries/Crooked teeth (2)||Infections (1)|
|Cholesterol (17)||MS (2)|
Can antibiotics make you fat? It’s an interesting idea:
Cows regularly get antibiotics in their feed as it helps them put on pounds. The cause may be that it disturbs the gut microbiota and makes the cows absorb more energy from the feed. Mice experience a similar fate when put on antibiotics, adding 10-15 percent of fat mass.
Now, humans aren’t cows or mice. But could we gain weight too by eating antibiotics? It’s still speculative, but it’s another reason not to use antibiotics unless it’t truly necessary. I added this tip to the others about medications on the How to lose weight-page.
What do you think?
Update: I was just told there’s a study showing significant weight gain in people being treated with antibiotics for stomach ulcers. Hard to know if it’s because of the antibiotics or a side effect of curing the ulcer though.
- 1More Blood Sugar, More Dementia!50
- 2If Certain Foods Make You Sick, Just Take More Medicine48
- 3New Page: Diabetes – How to Normalize Your Blood Sugar40
- 4School Refuses to Serve Food that Keeps Student Healthy40
- 5“Butter Better than Vegetable Oils”35
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!192
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?159
- 4Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- 5Dr McDougall in Shocking Vegan Interview123
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Questions and answers about LCHF
- Losing 92 lbs and a Sugar Addiction with LCHF
- Weight Watchers' New Sweet Campaign
- New Study: A Low-Carb Diet and Intermittent Fasting Beneficial for Diabetics!
- FrankG: Finally... a good use for…
- About Diet Doctor
- More comments