|All posts (246)||Low Carb High Fat (64)||Salt (4)|
|Alcohol (5)||Meat (7)||Saturated fat (16)|
|Fake Low Carb Products (15)||Non-caloric sweeteners (4)||Sugar/fructose (59)|
|Food for Animals (1)||Omega 6 (3)||Vegetarian Diets (3)|
|Food for kids (21)||Paleo Diets (29)||Wheat (12)|
|Industrial food-like products (29)||Real food (4)|
Is food made out of wheat flour addictive? Does it result in weight gain and disease? That’s what Dr William Davis claims in his book Wheat Belly.
After spending a long time at (or close to) the top of the New York Times bestseller list Dr Davis was finally invited to the very popular The Dr Oz Show. Nobody likes whole grains more than Dr Oz, so kudos to him.
Dr Davis gave a great performance. And I mostly agree with him – apart from the claim that wheat affects the brain like heroin and makes us eat 440 calories more per day. That seems more sensation-seeking than scientific.
On the other hand wheat can certainly result in extreme blood sugar elevations, insulin spikes and fat storage. I also love Dr Davis’ analogy between whole grain flour and filtered cigarettes (just because something is less bad doesn’t mean it’s good). I often use that analogy myself. Hearing it on this whole grain-loving show was fantastic.
All in all a victory for low carb in America.
Here’s an egg from our neighbors during our summer vacation, from hens running around eating what they can find in nature.
Have you ever seen egg yolk this yellow?
Animals get sick when fed bread and snacks instead of their natural diets. Of course, the same goes for people.
Picture via GrassFedGirl.
Real Christmas food. Avoid the bread for bonus points.
I wish I wrote this: Feast Without Fear – on Real Food
“How much will we eat? As much as we want, no more, no less.”
That’s exactly the way I’m thinking, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Counting calories isn’t necessary when eating real food. Mind the quality and the quantity will take care of itself.
- 1More Blood Sugar, More Dementia!50
- 2If Certain Foods Make You Sick, Just Take More Medicine46
- 3School Refuses to Serve Food that Keeps Student Healthy40
- 4New Page: Diabetes – How to Normalize Your Blood Sugar40
- 5Proven: Almost Anything Is Better with Bacon34
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!192
- 3What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?159
- 4It’s the Insulin, Stupid153
- 5Butter has an Undeserved Bad Reputation, According to New Analysis149
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Weight Watchers' New Sweet Campaign
- "Butter Better than Vegetable Oils"
- The Dreamfields Pasta Fraud
- Football Champions on a Low-Carb Diet
- murray: Adam, that is a helpful…
- How to Lose Weight
- Catherine: There were some great tips…
- Legendary Exercise Professor Embraces LCHF!
- More comments