The recent trend towards calorie counting in Paleo land is baffling. Some people need a reality check. There’s nothing less Paleo than counting calories.
|All posts (309)||Low Carb High Fat (68)||Resistant Starch (1)|
|Alcohol (5)||Meat (9)||Salt (7)|
|Fake Low Carb Products (16)||Non-caloric sweeteners (4)||Saturated fat (23)|
|Food for Animals (4)||Omega 6 (4)||Sugar/fructose (76)|
|Food for kids (29)||Paleo Diets (32)||Vegetarian Diets (4)|
|Industrial food-like products (38)||Real food (10)||Wheat (16)|
When did our ancestors start eating meat? An exciting archeological find supports the idea that we needed meat to survive as early as 1,5 million years ago. That means our ancestors had probably been eating meat regularly for a long time prior to that date.
The piece of bone above comes from a two years old child that may have died from lack of (vitamin B12) meat millions of years ago. Thus veganism may have been dangerous for a long time!
Another milestone: The Diet Doctor YouTube-channel just hit ONE MILLION video views. Here’s a top 10 list of videos you may like:
- The Food Revolution – AHS 2011, 172 000 views
- The Cause of Obesity with Dr Robert Lustig, 64 000 views
- Low Carb Living with Dr Stephen Phinney, 42 000 views
- Low Carb Explained with Dr Mary Vernon, 38 000 views
- The Paleo Diet Explained with Dr Loren Cordain, 33 000 views
- How to Cure Type 2 Diabetes with Dr Jay Wortman, 28 000 views
- The Science of Low Carb with Dr Eric Westman, 17 000 views
- Low Carb Paleo with Mark Sisson, 8 000 views
- Good Food is Good Medicine with Dr Jeffry Gerber, 5 000 views
- How to Eat to Get Pregnant with Dr Michael Fox, 3 000 views
During the coming weeks you’ll get new videos with Gary Taubes, Dr Peter Attia, Dr John Briffa and Dr William Davis.
What or who else would you like to see?
Here’s a man who wants to improve the health and lives of 10 MILLION people! And he might just succeed.
Mark Sisson runs the wildly popular fitness blog Mark’s Daily Apple and is the author of the bestseller The Primal Blueprint among other books. He’s also one of the leaders behind the growing Paleo movement.
Despite running a small fitness / health empire Mark Sisson somehow finds the time to stay in a shape that would be the envy of just about anybody half his age. And he seems to enjoy every minute. How is it possible? In this interview he shares his secrets.
The Ancestral Health Symposium 2012 starts in a few days. Everyone who’s anyone in the Paleo world will gather in Boston.
My talk from last year is the most viewed one from AHS 2011. I’ll attempt to bring something interesting again. A new presentation called The Carb Controversy – and how Paleo could save America.
Pictured above is a slide from it. What’s this about “calories striking back” you ask? Well, check out the next slide: Continue Reading →
Here’s an inspirational and short introduction to low carb Paleo – written by Tyler Massas, the man in the pictures above:
Animals get sick when fed bread and snacks instead of their natural diets. Of course, the same goes for people.
Picture via GrassFedGirl.
Having unfortunately missed the PaleoFX 2012 conference I immediately jumped at this chance. You can now preorder the DVD set containing 40+ hours of presentations, seminars, cooking demos and interviews.
Order this month and you get the DVD set for $197, after that the price goes up to $247. Not exactly cheap, but less than a trip to Austin would have been.
The PaleoFX Store (Affiliate link, meaning that you also support this free blog by ordering)
What is the Paleo diet and why should you care? Well, as you know it’s the original human diet and it’s probably still the healthiest way you could eat (unless you have a health reason to reduce your carb intake even more).
Here the world’s #1 expert, professor Loren Cordain, explains what you need to know and answers common questions. For example: Is Paleo always low carb? What’s wrong with vegan diets? And what single dairy product is ok to eat?
This is the interview we did at the ASBP obesity conference in Denver last month. If you like it feel free to share it!
This looks really interesting. A new documentary called “In Defense of Fat – Rethinking the Bad Science Eating at America’s Health” is just starting pre-production. The plan is to – among other things – interview a number of people including Mark Sisson, dr Robert Lustig… and me. This movie could possibly make a significant difference.
Here’s the thing. The producers need to raise money to help them start production. They need combined pledges of $50 000 in 30 days (in portions as small as $1) otherwise this attempt at funding will fail. Completing that mission should be difficult but not impossible. Here’s how it’s going:
I decided to help out. Check out my pledge: Continue Reading →
- 1Baby Sister39
- 2Scientists: A Low-Carbohydrate Diet Should Be First Approach for Diabetics!37
- 3No More Than Seven Months?35
- 4Low-Carb High-Fat Changed My Life!28
- 5Why Won’t Ice Cream Melt Anymore?28
- 1Could that Low-Fat Diet Make You Even Fatter?340
- 2Dr. Oz Positive to LCHF Against Alzheimer’s!196
- 3My Health Markers After Eight Years on LCHF142
- 4Will LCHF Work Long-Term? Say, After Four Years?117
- 5Sugar vs Fat on BBC: Which is Worse?117
- One MonthOne Year
- 1LCHF for Beginners
- 3How to Lose Weight
- 4Science and Low Carb / Paleo
- 5Questions and answers about LCHF
- 6About Diet Doctor
- 1 - 56 - 6
- Baby Sister
- LCHF Made Lindha Half the Woman She Used To Be
- "Even If the Scale Isn't Changing, the Body Is"
- Experiment: Optimal Ketosis for Weight Loss and Improved Performance
- A New Toy Measuring Blood Ketones
- Peter: Hi, notice a lot of…
- More comments